Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Today's match

I''ll also say that our challenges today were awful and cynical, we seem to be too worried that teams are going to catch us on the break

Yes I agree with that miggins. We seemed to panic when they got behind us. I think all in all we were out played for large parts and not smart enough when in possession

We had enough chances in the first half to get another goal, that would have changed the game completely. Have to say Bournemouth looked a pretty good side, their midfield movement was excellent and looked more purposeful than ours today.

Totally agree JF - just mocking the message board.

Think we are doing ok with players coming back and more coming in. We will have a better idea after Monday.

There are no guarantees with only 1 in 4 coming straight back. We have championship players but our larger budget allows us to invest in a larger squad which hope benefits us over course of season. We are on track at moment.

Simply a timely reality check. We are not going to win every game and there will be several more games like this during the season. A point in the bag and no real damage done,

In terms of the result, it''s a point against a good side, when we had lots of players unavailable. We''ve suffered far worse over the last couple of seasons. Utterly unforgettable game. Bizarrely, neither fans nor players seemed quite up for it. Two decent, well organised sides, both lacking a bit of quality on the day.Our fouling was almost embarrassing, however.

I personally disagree Jenks, yes they look fairly comfortable on the ball but Bournemouth didn''t look as if they have any real threat, the only chance I can really remember them having was the goal. They had a short spell in the first 5-10 mins where they put a bit of pressure on us, but overall I thought they were quite poor for a team that''s meant to be looking to get in the play-offs. If we had tried a bit harder to make things happen up front, I think they were there for the taking.

Thought their midfield was good and they passed the ball well for a Championship side. Agreed they didnt show too much up front but I suspect at home that would be different. It was avery good point for them which they were content to hold on to.

yeah very cynical, a bit like hoolahan''s I thought, unnecessary. The only yellow card I thought was just a bad non deliberate tackle was BJ''s, he went right into his leg, looked nasty

Thought Ref was pretty poor tbhDidn''t play advantage for either sideAlways pulled back Free-Kicks which were taken earlyWas a bit all over the place second half

[quote user="Jenkins"]We had enough chances in the first half to get another goal, that would have changed the game completely. Have to say Bournemouth looked a pretty good side, their midfield movement was excellent and looked more purposeful than ours today.[/quote]They crowded us out in midfield and did a lot of running and covering back but apart from the goal, which came from Redmonds mistake, I didn''t think that they ever posed much danger to our goal.

Out thought by a more experienced manager and out played in midfield. But, all in all, only a point behind where I think we should be at this stage. Adams deserves until at least the October international break.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

Definitely 2 points thrown away today!

Flat atmosphere most of the game too - as if the home crowd are yet to be convinced anything decent might happen on a regular basis….

[/quote]

"the home crowd are yet to be convinced anything decent might happen on a regular basis"

what a stupid thing to say.
[/quote]

Not stupid at all. After the best part of two season''s worth of Hughton dross it''s hardly surprising that people weren''t getting too carried away on the back of two straight home wins.

It takes longer than that to rebuild fans confidence.

That is indeed the case, he is a home and away fan through thick and thin I believe,he has strong opinions and is not frightened to express them. Most of last season he was pretty much on the button, this season not so IMO.

But deffo not a binner.

I thought he was a classified binder along with jaemae for example? Perhaps it''s because I only remember his negative posts which as you say are often strong (nothing wrong with that) but often undermine the club. I can''t remember a realistic or positive one, not because he hasn''t had any, but obviously a fault of my own, apologies, thought he was clearly red flagged as a binner

I don''t do personalities on this board but to confirm I was leaping around at Portman Road last week. It was the first time I taken my lad to Ipswich - the away family area proved to be a good environment, the stewarding and policing were sensible. I shall be at Cardiff, Brentford and Blackpool next month. I''d be pleased to be proved wrong this season. We shall see.

Highland, it took me a while to get that binner image out of my head. I now believe you are the total opposite of me. You have been on the same message since you joined the board and are subsequently right and wrong as often as me. What I don''t get is how you can enjoy being sooooo feckin miserable ;)

city 1st syndrome isn''t it; miserable just for the sake of it. Everything at this moment in time doesn''t look so bad. We''re playing some nice football, we''ve got two goalscorers, and hopefully still two goalscorers, we''re high up the league, yet people still feel the need to pick away at anything they can. Hopefully everyone will be happy once the window closes including me and aren''t worried if certain people go and aren''t replaced; that''s my big concern now.

http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/article/2014-08-31-video-fantastic-team-goal-as-callum-wilson-finishes-off-31-pass-move-1888608.aspx

Full re-run here of Bournemouth''s equaliser on Saturday. Really frustrating to see the very poor defending on our behalf.

Garrido and Redmond are clearly switched off. When the ball is on the left Garrido at one point has his back to the play and is jogging towards our goal. Then when the ball is transferred to the right he inexplicably charges forward to close down Stanislas, who is far up the pitch, leaving a hole for their Right Back to run into. That should be Redmond or Johnson closing him down, not Garrido. Literally can''t believe his movement.

Then Redmond is done on the inside when he shouldn''t be, and they can play a simple pass to cut out 10 of our players and be gloating about a great team goal.

Incredibly frustrating how a simple bit of organisation and/or communication would have saved us. bah,