Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Today's match

This could be one of the most important matches f the season. We are facing a very good team who are likely to be there or thereabouts at the end. We are facing them with so many players unavailable - Vivas, Howson, Hooper, Ryan Bennett and Olsson in particular. If we get anything at all from this, with virtually half a team missing, it will be quite an achievement.

I tried to think of something Nelsonian to say, about expecting their best, but I couldn''t Let''s just hope that they all play blinders, and show the country that there is a very good team in Norfolk, and let''s urge them forwards and upwards!

[quote user="Salopian"]This could be one of the most important matches f the season. We are facing a very good team who are likely to be there or thereabouts at the end. We are facing them with so many players unavailable - Vivas, Howson, Hooper, Ryan Bennett and Olsson in particular. If we get anything at all from this, with virtually half a team missing, it will be quite an achievement.

I tried to think of something Nelsonian to say,
about expecting their best, but I couldn''t Let''s just hope that they all play blinders, and show the country that there is a very good team in Norfolk, and let''s urge them forwards and upwards![/quote]Depends which Nelson you are talking about....Most often heard quote by Lord Nelson - "Norwich expects that every player will do his duty"Most often heard in the Nelson Hotel - "Tilly''s round"

We''ll be lucky to get a draw from this one. Bournemouth are one of the best teams in the division at playing it on the floor.

[quote user="True Citizen"]We''ll be lucky to get a draw from this one. Bournemouth are one of the best teams in the division at playing it on the floor.[/quote]About time you got over Lambert isn''t it?

Good football in the first 20 mins. Good atmosphere. But the goal has killed the quality. Hoolahan lively, but Lafferty having another stinker.

Been at the game, we really need to be better than this at home. If we''re going for the autos we need to be winning matches like this. The players just didn''t seem that up for it, flat atmosphere. Bournemouth were tidy but lacked a cutting edge. Forgettable and frustrating game

Cheers Darth. Sounds like one of those annoying Championship games that we will see a few of this year. Ho-hum. A point is still a point.

Think Swansea at home in our Championship promotion year without the last minute winner.

Their extra man in the centre really stifled us as and as Hoolahan wasn''t on form we lost the midfield battle. It always seemed like they had one extra player because of this. They got their tactics spot on today and I''m now disappointed we missed out on Wilson!

No one was especially bad, the difference today from our last few games was that everyone kinda had a 5/6 out of 10 game so I''m glad nobody booed at the end because the team wouldn''t have deserved that. I just wish we had another game Tuesday to move on.

You don''t change a winning team so I totally get why Adams picked this side today but Redmond badly needs a rest, he''s just not on form at the moment and it''s clearly all getting too frustrating for him and Laffert was again ineffective on the wing so I think this is an area we need to change at Cardiff. We didn''t get much joy on the wings as a resulty and as we were dominated in the center it''s easy to see why we struggled today

Ta.The good news is that we should have our near full strength team out after the break. Hopefully Adams should get in a couple more additions in next few days and pray we keep Hooper.

Not much evidence that we''re going to try playing the Norwich way. When

the chips are down or we''re under pressure we resort to long balls up

front rather than passing it on the deck. Instead of booing, the

plastics cheer every hopeful punt upfield and remark on how exciting,

adventureous and attacking our play is.Those who can remember what quality really is will be getting restless. But it won''t be until we

miss out on the playoffs and our best players are sold off that the

happy clappers and plastics to realise that this was yet another false

dawn. Adams out.

[quote user="True Citizen"]Not much evidence that we''re going to try playing the Norwich way. When

the chips are down or we''re under pressure we resort to long balls up

front rather than passing it on the deck. Instead of booing, the

plastics cheer every hopeful punt upfield and remark on how exciting,

adventureous and attacking our play is.Those who can remember what quality really is will be getting restless. But it won''t be until we

miss out on the playoffs and our best players are sold off that the

happy clappers and plastics to realise that this was yet another false

dawn. Adams out.[/quote]

Did you have the same feelings after the last few games? It''s just I never heard you mention this then?

[quote user="Darth Catbeard"]Been at the game, we really need to be better than this at home. If we''re going for the autos we need to be winning matches like this. The players just didn''t seem that up for it, flat atmosphere. Bournemouth were tidy but lacked a cutting edge. Forgettable and frustrating game[/quote]

Exactly this .

Hi all just back from the match. Very disappointing we conceded when we did, not going to rant on but I think we lacked creative intelligence today, second half got abit flat. Bournemouth done their job. A little surprised by the subs as it didn''t seem to change the game much. But overall early days still and it''s another point

[quote user="Eaton Yellow"]Hi all just back from the match. Very disappointing we conceded when we did, not going to rant on but I think we lacked creative intelligence today, second half got abit flat. Bournemouth done their job. A little surprised by the subs as it didn''t seem to change the game much. But overall early days still and it''s another point[/quote]Agree with this.Bournemouth came with a plan and it worked for themCould have easily been a long drawn out 1-0 win to us...but they took their chance well

Definitely 2 points thrown away today!

Flat atmosphere most of the game too - as if the home crowd are yet to be convinced anything decent might happen on a regular basis….

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

Definitely 2 points thrown away today!

Flat atmosphere most of the game too - as if the home crowd are yet to be convinced anything decent might happen on a regular basis….

[/quote]"the home crowd are yet to be convinced anything decent might happen on a regular basis"what a stupid thing to say.

Should have kept CH. Newcastle stormed the league with CH and outperformed with Birmingham.

T wrote the following post at 30/08/2014 7:11 PM:

Should have kept CH. Newcastle stormed the league with CH and outperformed with Birmingham.

Surely now isn''t the time to judge that? Only at the end of the season will we know how Adams team has fared to the scared ones.

It was a frustrating game today (although i won a bit of £ for my 1-1 prediction), it was obvious we had the quality (despite having number of players out) to beat a (possibly) full strength Bournemouth team, yet nothing went really right for us in some ways, we didn''t get that bit of luck, perhaps because we didn''t make it happen enough. Redmond had a hard game, I think he could''ve worked harder off the ball to get in attacking positions in the second half as well as defensively for the goal in the first. I sit that side of the ground, although Garrido perhaps should''ve been there instead of in the middle, it''s definitely Redmond who should take the blame for it, he saw the player, he was aware that was his marker, and he took his eye off him, blaming everyone else, especially garrido. Thought Tettey was immense absolute beast in the midfield and thought wes and turner played well. Perhaps should''ve won, but you could tell we weren''t really at it and took the win too much for granted, as though we don''t need to really go for it because it will come. Overall i''m very optimistic about promotion as long as hooper stays, because grabban looked on his own a little bit too much for me up there.