Sign in to follow this  
Dr Zeuss

Best non British/Irish player we've had

With Odlidja signing wonder whether this will be a hopefully successful one given that so many of our foreign signings haven''t been.

Just wonder who the popular vote would be for our most successful foreign signing - Aage Hareide anyone?

Big Dave Strihavka his 1 goal won us 3 points against Palace.

For me it has to be Jan Molby, was a tad over weight but was a hell of a player befor joining us.

a year ago we might have said Bassong.....I fear he may have blotted that particular copybook somewhat?!

if transfer fees are any kind of indication, to sign Fer for £4m and sell him a year later for £8m-£10m must suggest he must have been a decent player (I hope so for QPR''s sake?!?!?)

Im really struggling here. After his first season I would have said bassong. But hes soured that somewhat. Just show what a British / irish based club we have been and the success we have had with them.

But non british, stean was a solid player.

i was going to say jan Molby, he was fat and didnt run, but just strolled through games like pirlo.

i cant really remember too many foreign players that you could deem succesful other than molby, steen nedergaard and eric fuglestad are the only others who i think did ok. david nielson was great for about 7 games.

Who was the worst would be a hard question, fernando derveld or sibierski probably,

Ill stick to steen. But I quite liked eric the viking as well.

outside of Scandinavian players its a real struggle

Dennis Van Wyck, Matty Svenson had his moments including one of my favourite all time city goals against Wigan. Safri, Bassong & Needergaard had their moments.

I wonder if we have the worse record of any club for signing cr@p foreign players? The likes of Segura, Ulf Ottoson, Anselin Jonsson, Muzinic, Derveld Di Waard, Maric, Theoklitis, Elmander etc etc.

Keelan would win by a mile, but although he was born in India he is English. Based on how he played for us and his overall credentials (50 caps for Norway) I would put Hareide top. If Olsson stays for us for any length of time (especially if we get back to the Premier League) then he would be a candidate.

[quote user="Evesham Canary"]Dennis Van Wyck, Matty Svenson had his moments including one of my favourite all time city goals against Wigan. Safri, Bassong & Needergaard had their moments.

I wonder if we have the worse record of any club for signing cr@p foreign players? The likes of Segura, Ulf Ottoson, Anselin Jonsson, Muzinic, Derveld Di Waard, Maric, Theoklitis, Elmander etc etc.[/quote]

If Anselin was poor what did it say about the team he played in then? Was one of our better midfielders at the time.

De Blasiis was pretty good too. Shame about the injury.

I''d say Keelan. Nedergaard was solid and could whip a good ball in too.

Libra anyone?

[quote user="YellowFellow"]played for nigeria so im including him[/quote]

On that basis I''ll nominate Ruel Fox (two caps for Montserrat!)

Jeremy Goss was Cypriot wasn''t he?I have a special place in my heart for Simeon Jackson, Fuglestad, Helveg, Steeno and Fer because he scored in a World Cup