Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Raccoon

San Miguel

Originated here in the Philippines in Spanish colonial times. The local version is almost gas free so slides down a treat. Never, ever had a hangover drinking it. Fair to say one of my favourite lagers. I shall be drinking a few soon. One bottle is about 57pence in my local beach bar. For rum drinkers a bottle of local rum (there is a sugar cane industry here) costs almost exactly one pound in my local supermarket.

San Miguel Light is even better. Light as in carbs not alcohol percentage.

The stuff in Thailand is unregulated anyway so you never know what percentage you''re getting!

Star_manic. San Mig Pale Pilsen has been my drink for the last 25 years. I can''t take to the San Mig Light - no flavour for me.Where is Long Beach?

San Miguel brewed in the Philippines is a great lager. I would send my driver to the local supermarket drinks station to off load the empty crates and collect full ones. The 330 ml stubbies were 30 p a bottle (24 to a crate) with 50 pesos to the £. I then moved onto the Super Dry at 50 p a bottle. Get a plastic bin an fill with block ice and bottles of San Miguel. Happy days!