Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Kent

Morrsion and Ashton

this will be our new front-line force. Bit harsh on Leon, but atleast we''ll have him to come on a score aswell (oh and Thorney!)

I know most of you will think know that Deano will leave, but remember, Worthy once said he''d love to have 10 strikers, so this is that surprising when you think about it!

Hopefully everything will get signed and sealed asap. If anyone''s wondering how we can afford him, 2 words Francis Money!

ON THE BALL CITY

Andrew, i hope you are right,

i would hate to see either ashton or mckenzie leave, they have both won their respect, and it would be a big pity to loose them.

Sorry to say it but i think Ashton is as good as gone . Why else would we spend an inflated amount on another striker when Peter Thorne hasn''t even been given a chance .If he has £2m to spend with Ashton staying i think he would have spent on a class centre back.

we are not selling ashton.

remember last time we were in div 1 and we signed svennson, mckenzie and hucks in the space of a week or so. worthy loves his strikers.

NW obviously feels that a player of morrisons class (IMO he is good) may not be available if and when we go up and has chosen to pick him up now.

ashton/clint/mckenzie rotating so thay are all kept fresh will be a terrifying prospect for championship defences.

i hope i am not wrong on this one.........

i do believe this will be our new front line. and now, we have a player that can change a game from the bench in mckenzie. we got £1.5m from francis upfront. i bet we will be paying brum less than that upfront in the deal.

ashton will stay.

the new formation:

-------Green--------
-------------------
-------------------
-----------------------
----------------------
--------safri----------
----------------------
--------------------
---------------------
----------------------
Ashton-Mckenzie-Jarvis-Thorne-Mcveigh-Marney-Morrison-Henderson-Huckerby

I`ll  be frank about this ,  I DON`T think  Clint is a good buy  ....   read up on his CV    .   why is he out of favour  at St Andrews ?   do we NEED  another  " striker "  , could this be ANOTHER Francis  !!   ....  this deal could disrupt  and disorganise a team  already  in the throes  of  team settlement   , I`m not usually a pessimist  , but I smell problems    feel free to remind me if I`m wrong  

Sheded - I share your worries about Clinton''s attitude, but let''s give him a chance - Steve Bruce (what a header against the Scum in THAT semi-final) has said he''s sorry to see him go and he brings a really good buzz to a team. I don''t think he''s the sort to spout nonsense about somebody who''s already left.

Don''t worry, we''ll remind you WHEN you''re wrong

[quote]I`ll be frank about this , I DON`T think Clint is a good buy .... read up on his CV . why is he out of favour at St Andrews ? do we NEED another " striker " , could this be ANOTHER Fr...[/quote]

He would be a good signing as he has fallen behind heskey and brum have signed pandiani and forsaell.   As clinton has looked ok when he gets the chance it is about him playing games and he will do well here

Whether he is the player the current NCFC starting 11 needs right now is the real question - partners for Shacks and Safri MUST be the priority.

OTBC

I don''t see Morrison as a straight swap for Ashton anyway, they are very different style players, but could well complement each other. Does look like Leon will go though, and this Reading link sounds about right.

Some comments from actual Brum fans suggest Morrison will bring a positive vibe to the dressing room, and has been a good servant for them, so all this talk of "another Francis" is a little premature! Typical City fans, I suppose - the lad hasn''t even signed yet and people are already writing him off! Great stuff guys...

Agreed that we still need a midfielder and another defender at least, though... much as I''d love Leon to stay, the Leon-Sidwell swap would prove interesting....

[quote]He would be a good signing as he has fallen behind heskey and brum have signed pandiani and forsaell. As clinton has looked ok when he gets the chance it is about him playing games and he will do we...[/quote]

fallen behind Heskey!

oh dear!