Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Which player are you most pleased we never signed?

Of all the players we''ve been linked over last few years and didn''t sign which one are people most pleased that we missed out on.

I''m going for Derek Riordan, at the time we were linked with him - under Grant I think, I really thought he would have been great for us, never had the success I thought he might have at higher levels.

David Cotterill. If i remember it was out of us and Wigan. Wivan being a PL club at the time while we were in the Champ. Think they offered £2m and he went there. Didnt hear much about him after that.

I''m assuming this is players that have been linked with the club or had trials etc. If so I''d opt for Dmitri Brinias, an Austrailian keeper who we had a look at 10 years before Theokilitis. Hew went on to play for footballing giants such as Rushden and Diamons, Connor''s Quay Nomads, Wollongong Wolves and currently turns out for Cumberland United.If we''re just talking about any players in particular I''d have to say Mauricio Tarrico, the cheating, Argie, binner and also John Wark (bad ''tash, even worse hair cut).

Shola-would have deprived us of an amusing thread every transfer window if he''d signed the first time we were linked with him.

Dean Windass.If we had of signed him, Chase''s reign would have been longer, the damage even deeper and further reaching. Perhaps we could have become much like Bradford or Oldham, from premier league to obscurity in a matter of seasons. It may have been the straw that broke the back. But in hindsight, it was probably a good thing overall that he wasn''t signed, which lead to Martin O''Neil quitting and publicly stating why.

[quote user="chicken"]Dean Windass.If we had of signed him, Chase''s reign would have been longer, the damage even deeper and further reaching. Perhaps we could have become much like Bradford or Oldham, from premier league to obscurity in a matter of seasons. It may have been the straw that broke the back. But in hindsight, it was probably a good thing overall that he wasn''t signed, which lead to Martin O''Neil quitting and publicly stating why.[/quote]

and if had have signed him??.........we were 2nd in the League when O''Neill walked out, we may have gone on to get promotion straight back into the Premier League at the first attempt (instaed of waiting 9 years to get back) and all the success O''Neill has with Leicester, he may have had with us???!

I''m assuming from that comment you''ve only been supporting us for the last season then….

Player most please we never signed, Shola Ameobi would of given Rodent some more time possibly.