Sign in to follow this  
pete

Pre Match music

On another forum the state of our tannoy system was criticised as being difficult to listen to, not without good reason the announcements are almost impossible to hear.

But the music played before the game is the same week in week out for some time now. Must be recorded and played on a loop. Getting fed up with The Voice by John Farnham and that supposedly stirring tune from the After Shave and Guiness ad''s.

Another cost cutting exercise which detracts from the matchday experience.

Criticism of the matchday experience is relevant to paying fans.   I dislike the way the announcer only talks about Norwich and welcoming "our" team on the pitch. Traditionally as a club we have always welcomed "both" teams on the pitch - and welcomed/showed respect to opposing fans.  If you have visitors you welcome them too. It doesn''t do any harm - and a club like ours should remember what its supposed to be like. Its amateurish at the moment, from the announcing before the match,  the way the music is put on too soon for the players coming out, the failure to acknowledge another team and its fans - and the 321.  Oh.....and the goal music is never going to be universally popular either.

I didn''t say it wasn''t relevant, it''s just that on the morning after the night before, pete decided to bring that topic up, and a thread about Dutch signings, which looked to my untrained eye, as a little dig.

Let''s keep it real, not take our eyes off the prize and our feet grounded, hey pete?