Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Louis Thompson signs

I do find this signing interesting and difficult to understand.

If we get promoted this year he is unlikely to figure next year in Premier team so we are effectively banking on still being in Champs almost insurance policy if we fail.

They must have seen something special here as so many youngsters at that age fail to mature and progress

This may be where we are reaping the rewards of Adams having seen outstanding youngsters at other clubs and now being able to follow it up.

Its a gamble worth taking with these sorts of guys, especially if they are going to continue playing through the season.

I think the message here is that we better get used to Adams being our manager for a very long time. He obviously has plans that stretch way into the future.

I trust Adams'' judgement 100% when it comes to youth players. Swindon reckon he''s their best young player in generations and has been standing out at league 2, without wanting to belittle them (I''m just offering perspective) That''s something Jacob Murphy and Jamar Loza have so far failed to do while Cameron Mcgeehan looked decent this guy is meant to be on a whole different level so I''m pleased with this!

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]I think the message here is that we better get used to Adams being our manager for a very long time. He obviously has plans that stretch way into the future.[/quote]

I could live with that.

I''m up for giving anyone who at least shows some coaching/tactical nous and doesn''t play dire football as much time as possible to build something, short termism doesn''t work unless you have hundreds of millions to throw at it like Chelsea!

Plus if he does turn out to be something special I suspect we wouldn''t have to worry about him getting poached by anyone bar the few massive clubs (Which would be fair enough)

[quote user="Jenkins"]This may be where we are reaping the rewards of Adams having seen outstanding youngsters at other clubs and now being able to follow it up.

Its a gamble worth taking with these sorts of guys, especially if they are going to continue playing through the season.[/quote]

I think you hit the nail on the head there, sir.