Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

match day squad

When everyone is available and fit, what would our best team and bench be?

I think it''s going to be difficult to pick, as we seem to have strength in depth. Without seeing how the new players fit into our team and play, I would guess at something like this -

RUDDY

MARTIN MIGUEL TURNER OLSSON

JOHNSON TETTEY

REDMOND/MURPHY Belgian player GRABBAN

HOOPER

Subs Rudd, R Bennett, Howson, Hoolahan, Jerome, Lafferty ?

Sorry couldn''t remember Belgian players name.

Have I missed anyone out that should be in the squad in your opinion?

Right now, I would want those new players forcing their way into the team. None of them will walk into that side currently. That goes for Hooper as well.Some of them, as we have seen already with Jerome and Cuellar, will need time to get up to speed. Miquel may not be a certain starter at this point.In terms of experience there are a few players ahead of him. Not to mention a fully fit squad puts Ryan Bennett back in the picture.Actually, for the first time in a couple of seasons I think we have a well balanced squad.GK: Ruddy, Rudd, Bunn(injured).RB: Whittaker, Martin.CB: Turner, R.Bennett(injured), Miquel, Cuellar, Hooiveld (loan).LB: Garrido, Olsson.Midfielders (because so many are flexible in their roles now): Tettey, Johnson, Howson, Vadis, Redmond, McGrandle, E.Bennett, Hoolahan, Josh Murphy.Strikers/Attackers: Lafferty, Jerome, Grabban, Hooper, Loza.We also have other youngsters that are starting to make their mark in the likes of Jacob Murphy etc, and the chap we bought and loaned straight back to Swindon. (however I do typically miss someone out!).We finally have a mixture of pace, youth and experience. Pace that can be applied on both wings and up front along with physical presence.Balance. It''s very important, and I think we have at least sought to find it.