Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

During the break let's work on set pieces!

I''d like to see more variation at free-kicks and set pieces.   Last season was disappointing on that front because of you know who, despite the very occasional goal from him.  Lafferty has a good free kick in him as does Garrido.  I suspect the new guys will as well.  I hope we''re not going to be a one trick pony again with Johnson taking the free-kicks all the time as he has done so far.  He''s proved he can hit the target from them, but on previous evidence, he is not going to be prolific from his free kick deliveries, whether shooting or crossing. 

Our set pieces were poor last year and (IMO) were a major contributing factor in our relegation.16 set piece goals in our first season, 17 in our second season, followed by an all time low of only 4 last season.Is there nobody in the team that can whip a corner in with bend, pace and accuracy?

Couldn''t agree more about set pieces - only Johnno''s goal so far directly from set-pieces. I am sure that this was in NA''s mind when signing the tall men, as well as being effective at defending at the other end.

It fits in with his hope of goals coming from everywhere in the team. I can''t wait to see the Belgian unleash his piledrivers. So far we have have had goals from Johnno, Alex and Josh to supplement the fairly few, but regular, goals from Grabban. I am yet to be convinced that the present four strikers have it in them to score more than 40 goals between them in the season, so we need goals from elsewhere.