Sign in to follow this  
chris_lcfc_85

Leicester fan in peace

Hi guys, just wanted to pass comment on your signing of Ignasi Miquel.

Good player and i believe would of been welcomed back to us this year as never did alot wrong while on loan. Unfortunately he didnt get as much pitch time as he''d of liked due to the form of our other CB''s but never let us down and will definitely be a good signing for you..... Left footed as well if you need some balance

Thanks for that Chris, always good to get other fans comments

Side issue.

My perception of Wes Morgan was that he was a bit of a lump (unkind I know for that level) and reminded me a bit of Darren Moore (ex Derby etc)

I presume you felt he was good enough to keep Miquel out of the team?

Wes often looks like that but he''s been outstanding for us, he''s our captain and when he doesnt play, we look far worse.

Extremely strong and not as slow as some people claim he is, reads the game well and isnt just a hoof ball man either.

He''s looked good for us again this season in the Prem.

Miquel was never going to replace Wes but did look good alongside him

Sorry, I know it was a poor perception when I haven''t seen him play regularly, and of course, he wouldn''t have survived in your promotion team if he wasn''t contributing!

Also what do you guys think about Ritchie De Laet, and his contribution to a Prem team?

I hugely rate De Laet, he''s absolutely rapid!!

First season he played i questioned him defensively but he''s improved no end plus he''s equitted himself well in our first 3 games considering who he''s played against.

How was he for you?

Meant to wish you good luck for the season, hope you stay up, cos that would mean if we come back up, a nice short away trip!

I haven''t been to the Walkers stadium, I''m a dinosaur who remembers Filbert Street and Norman Leet!

Thanks for posting Chris to be fair Miguel will most likely come in as 4/5 choice at CB when all fit, well at least until he takes his chance to move up the pecking order.

Good luck with the season, out of the three that went up I think you have the best chance.

Cheers for the kind words chaps. Nice to go onto an oppositions forum and not get abuse!!

Good luck to yourselves as well, you''ve kept a good core of your side and fancy you to be up there for sure.

De Laet was a walking disaster area for us. Gave away a penalty in his first game, and over time was quitely bundled towards the exit.

That said, it was three seasons ago, and he was young at the time. Maybe he''s finally fufilling the potential Man United saw?

He suffered from being put straight into the Prem by Lambert - Quick but prone to midjudgements, especially not adapting to how quick other players could be in the Prem, which led to the disastrous mistakes.

I think what did for him was the headed back pass he tried to make to Rudd which gave a goal away when a forward got there first.  He gave Rudd some abuse when it was obviously his (De Laet''s) own fault, and that was pretty much the last time he played for us.

People always under-estimate how much a defender''s game is about anticipation which improves with experience, whereas strikers are more about their own game so can do well at a younger age because of natural finishing ability/pace etc.  Ryan Bennett is a classic example - improving when he gets game time, and in time I''m confident he''ll be a top player for us but people can''t expect him to be the finished article now.