Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Jos Hoiveld

yep, whats the point in it? hope we get miquel as well because Hooiveld is a bl00dy donkey, glad thats its only on loan. However, as long as we don''t sell our best players (redmond and hooper) we''ll be able to say its been a successful window, especially compared to the other relegated teams

[quote user="Angry man"]Where has this been announced ?[/quote]Strong rumours from Michael Bailey''s twitter.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]yep, whats the point in it? hope we get miquel as well because Hooiveld is a bl00dy donkey, glad thats its only on loan. However, as long as we don''t sell our best players (redmond and hooper) we''ll be able to say its been a successful window, especially compared to the other relegated teams[/quote]

Seeing as there''s only been interest in Redmond out of the 2 and there IS NO INTEREST FROM ANYONE in the other one, we''re unfortunately stuck with paying garbage like Hooper to stay cemented to the bench as he''s nowhere close to the striker Grabban is.

[quote user="jdawg32"][quote user="mrs miggins"]yep, whats the point in it? hope we get miquel as well because Hooiveld is a bl00dy donkey, glad thats its only on loan. However, as long as we don''t sell our best players (redmond and hooper) we''ll be able to say its been a successful window, especially compared to the other relegated teams[/quote]

Seeing as there''s only been interest in Redmond out of the 2 and there IS NO INTEREST FROM ANYONE in the other one, we''re unfortunately stuck with paying garbage like Hooper to stay cemented to the bench as he''s nowhere close to the striker Grabban is.[/quote]He be TrollinHe Hatin

Good player for Champs - we don''t actually need this one to happen tonight if it''s only on loan, he can join in a couple of weeks - though good if we can get all done and dusted tonight

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]we don''t actually need this one to happen tonight if it''s only on loan, he can join in a couple of weeks[/quote]He can join on season-long loan today. If left until later can only be for 93 days.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]He''s been pretty dodgy when i''ve seen him before, perhaps a drop to this level may help him.[/quote]

You must have only seen him once then

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]we don''t actually need this one to happen tonight if it''s only on loan, he can join in a couple of weeks[/quote]He can join on season-long loan today. If left until later can only be for 93 days. [/quote]Can''t imagine we''d need him for anything more than cover to Bennett''s injury now Miquel is signed and sealed. Get him on a couple of months'' loan when the loan window reopens if we don''t get it done tonight.

Confirmed: http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/transfer-news-norwich-city-sign-jos-hooiveld-southampton-1892256.aspx

Dutch defender Jos Hooiveld joins Nortwich City from Southampton

CITY have signed experienced Dutch central defender Jos Hooiveld on loan for the season from Southampton.

Hooiveld, 31, joined Southampton initially on loan from Celtic in the summer of 2011, joining them permanently in January 2012 and playing regularly in their successful Championship campaign that season as the Saints achieved promotion to the Premier League.

A commanding figure at 6ft 4ins with the ability to weigh in with vital goals from defence, Hooiveld has gone on to make 77 appearances in all competitions for Southampton.

Hooiveld''s career has seen him play in his native country Holland (Heerenveen and Zwolle), Austria (Kapfenberger SV), Finland (Inter Turku), Sweden (AIK), Denmark (FC Copenhagen), Scotland (Celtic) and England (Southampton).

He has one year left on his Southampton contract and told Canaries.co.uk: "I am very excited about this move. I have played at Norwich and I was very impressed with the surroundings and the atmosphere. It was a full house then and again last Saturday when I saw the Bournemouth game.

"Everybody I have asked about Norwich says only good things. I know Gary Hooper from our time at Celtic together and he was very positive about everything at the Club when I phoned him to talk about coming here.

"I am looking forward to meeting the rest of the players in training and fighting for a place in the team. It’s a very good squad at Norwich and has every chance of doing well this season."

City boss Neil Adams commented: "Jos is a very solid centre-back with experience at the top level and of course of getting promoted from this division. He gives us extra strength in our defence and increases competition for places which is always good.

"It''s a 46-game campaign and with the injury to Ryan Bennett it would only take another injury or two to leave us potentially short of players in key positions. Having strength in depth is vital and I''m pleased with the additions we have made in the window."

Be interesting to see what happens with the defence when (if) everyone is fit at the same time.

At CB we''re going to have Turner, Bennett, Hooiveld, Miquel and Martin to pick from.

Does this indicate Martin will be seen more as an RB again?

Mid-Norfolk & GJP - "?.....................Russell Martin being politely invited to move back to full back??"

I agree it looks that way. Great to have the competition at RB. Shame Russ doesn''t share that view (Maybe this was why there were the short-lived Burnley rumours - so glad that it was ultimately said he didn''t want to leave the club).