Sign in to follow this  
MancCanary

Hull pay £10m for Lafferty's Serie B strike partner

£10m for Abel Hernandez, who scored 14 goals in 28 for Palermo alongside Lafferty last season, in Serie B. Not even Serie A. How many did Lafferty get?

Hull have over paid for all their transfers this summer IMO.

Can''t say too mutch though as we paid 8.5 million for RVW.

They may well have, but they look a lot better for it! I can''t see them being near relegation now!

Attracting Diame over for his release fee of £3.5m was great business! I''d say they''ve only overpaid for Snoddy, Hernandez and Livermore, the rest seem decent prices and Livermore is young, knows the club and English and may develop further, Hernandez is overpriced but is an upgrade on the overpriced Shane Long.

It looks a far cry from the beginning of summer when their owner threatened to quit because he threw a paddy at the fans moaning about Tigers!

I think if you look at Hull''s buys overall with an overall spend then it looks pretty impressive.

Hernandez has been in Serie A for years and has a decent record - I wouldn''t class him as a Serie B player.

Ben Arfa and Ramirez on their day are both champions league players, Bruce just needs to get consistency out of them. If he cant then he sends them back, not a bad situation.

Diame at £3.5m is a steal.

Snoddy is unfortunate, but will show his worth.

Robertson is a diamond, he will be at a bigger club within 3 seasons.

I''ve personally always thought A Hernandez has looked very good when i''ve seen him. imo they need a striker a its worth taking a punt on him. Although it could be a bit of a RVW situation, i think hernandes is better built for the prem

Hernandez was far too good for Serie B, excellent striker who I''m sure can get a good amount of goals in the Premier League. Only 24 as well so plenty of time to improve.