Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Time for Redmond........

to step and play to his ability. Must practice crossing, Sat showed he can do it, plus stop those ridiculous shots when cutting inside. Come on Redders, you can do it ?

I think we will see Redmond step it up now. I think in the next few games we''ll see him gradually become more and more effective.

To be fair to Redmond as well, a lot of young wingers have exactly the same issues he has. It often takes time for the end product to develop in younger players, as it is the most difficult part of the game. We just need to be patient with him, and I''m sure he''ll be vital throughout the season.

...to develop his decision making quicker than we think.

So he''s one on one with a full back, he has 3 options:

a) go round the outside and swing in a cross from the byline. Sounds the most sensible, but also means he has to beat the guy and has to produce a good cross

b) go round the inside and look to shoot (he does this too much admittedly given his shooting ability, would we complain if we had Reus doing that again and again? no). He''s most likely a confident lad and thinks one day this will click and instead of 3 or 4 goals a year, he''ll be regularly hitting double figures. It''s worked for Sterling after similar problems so why not him? He has a good year at this level to test a few things out.

c) not bother beat the man and swing a hopeful ball in. Probably the worst option of the three for Redmond given his abilities to take players on. One thing it does guarantee though is end product, even if most of the time it comes to nothing. More of a beckhamesque decision who has perfect passing but not enough pace.

I think he needs to do a) a bit more but not give up on b) as if he can get it going, he''ll be an unbelievable player. Perhaps he can even do b) a bit more but try some short through balls and passes to Wes/ Hooper/ Grabban.

He''s probably the most promising talent we''ve had in years, so let''s not scapegoat him.