Sign in to follow this  
Dave

If Bassong remains after today

Do you see a potential repeat of Doc under Lambert? Not wanted by manager but comes in after injuries and does fairly well

if he doesn''t doesn''t go today or by the end of the loan window, then he should be contending for that starting spot, him/Bennett and Turner at the back - yes please.

Needs to be a free agent if does not get a move today, will need to come to agreement with City over rest of his contract unless he never wants to play for next two years at least.

If there is any truth regarding the comments that Bassong made to Adams during his first team meeting last year then Bassong will never play for us again, and rightly so..

My son is very good friends with a Development squad player, claims Bassong has gone out of his way to be as disruptive as possible, hence no involvement with the 1st team squad!

When Neil Adams took over training after West Brom he addressed all the players together about moving forwards and said he wanted commitment from the individuals who wanted to stay at the club whether we stayed up or not, everyone would have to prove themselves and bassong was dropped because of his performances and attitude. in particular his dislike of RVW who he was critical of to the point of causing disharmony in the group. From what I hear bassong was overheard after a training session saying that he didn''t want to play under a youth team coach (meaning Neil), so Adams told him ''that''s where you''ll be playing until you get your act together'' and transferred him to the under 21s.

Y''see the trouble is he''s better than Martin at CB and despite his lack of performance last year, a better defender than Turner (in my opinion). If Bassong is still here after the deadline shuts we should be playing him (or at the very least getting him up to match fitness).

what Bassong allegedly said is no worse than what Wes had said about the club last season, in my opinion he should apologize knuckle down and fight for his place in the squad.

We shouldn''t allow his bad attitude to affect the U-21s. He should be told to report to training after the rest have finished and he can do laps of Colney. He might get the message that he''s washed up here and be more amenable to a deal to end his contract.

agree barclay, but i have a feeling (which i have no evidence for) that bassong is the one with the continuing attitude problem and think he''ll go out on loan along with becchio, which is a shame because he''s a very good defender when he tries

With Miquel and Hooiveld coming in today, that''s as clear a message as possible that he will not be playing for the first team under any circumstances. Hopefully we can get someone to bite on a loan deal, otherwise we must be considering paying him off.

Never seemed to be fit physically or mentally last season. Should never have been appointed captain after the pictures of him posing with the gun. Hopefully will leave the club sooner rather than later

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]He should be told to report to training after the rest have finished and he can do laps at Colney.[/quote]OYE, YOU!!  [:@][:@][:@]I''m not that sort of boy..........[:$][;)]

So he''s now our 7th choice centre back behind Turner, Bennett, Cuellar, Miquel, Hooiveld and Martin!

It''s a long way back for him!

[quote user="IceTharu"]Bassong can very well leave after today. Turkey and Middle-Eastern transfer markets still open.[/quote]

Could easily see him going to Turkey actually. Yobo signed for Fenerbahce at a similar juncture in his career when he was left out in the cold by Everton.

I think he''d do well there too at one of the bigger clubs to be fair, standard is a fair bit lower than Champs outside of the top 4 or 5 teams,

lappinitup wrote the following post at 01/09/2014 11:51 PM:

Crafty Canary wrote:

He should be told to report to training after the rest have finished and he can do laps at Colney.

OYE, YOU!!

I''m not that sort of boy..........

Oh, bugger!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]So he''s now our 7th choice centre back behind Turner, Bennett, Cuellar, Miquel, Hooiveld and Martin!

It''s a long way back for him![/quote]And McFadden... [;)]

A great pity.  For Hughton''s first season he was immense, organized the defence and was the major factor in it being so solid.  We couldn''t have beaten Man U and Arsenal 1-0 without him IMO.

Unfortunately for whatever reason last season things started to slip and he no longer looked the same player; again this was a big part of the reason we were so much more vulnberable defensively.  People have commented that this follows his past career where he''s generally had one good season but then slumped.

And it sounds like he just wasn''t able to adjust to NA taking over last season - what''s being mentioned is far far worse than Wes in the early part of the year IMO - Wes was basically saying he wanted a move and to play regularly, sounds like Basso was being downright hostile and disruptive when NA took over.

People saying he should still be playing for us are downright naive, I''d say - you can''t have someone undermining the manager like this and allow him to get away with it.

So clearly our recruitment has been on the basis that he won''t be part of the club''s future.  Frankly it sounds like he only has himself to blame.

The main thing for me is that we''ve strengthened in depth at CB which was the obvious weak area before yesterday.

I really don''t understand people saying he is a better defender than Turner, etc... The amount of stupid mistakes he makes through complete lapses in concentration is ridiculous. If he was better than all of our other defenders he wouldn''t be making those mistakes - concentration and composure is part of the core skill set of a central defender.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]So he''s now our 7th choice centre back behind Turner, Bennett, Cuellar, Miquel, Hooiveld and Martin!

It''s a long way back for him![/quote]Am I right in assuming that your listing of Martin 6th in that list was deliberate?