Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

Rightback I would like us to sign

Molde''s rightback Martin Linnes is a young and cultivated rightback.

I would say his style is quite similar to Seamus Coleman.

Attacking by nature, can also play rightwing if needed.

Good pace and crossing.

Should be max 1.5-2 mill pounds.

23 yrs, 177cm height, 72 kg.

Btw, Linnes has scored twice already after 35 mins in their local derby vs Aalesund this evening.

Rumours of Besiktas interested in him

[quote user="grefstad"]Molde''s rightback Martin Linnes is a young and cultivated rightback.

I would say his style is quite similar to Seamus Coleman.

Attacking by nature, can also play rightwing if needed.

Good pace and crossing.

Should be max 1.5-2 mill pounds.

23 yrs, 177cm height, 72 kg.

Btw, Linnes has scored twice already after 35 mins in their local derby vs Aalesund this evening.

Rumours of Besiktas interested in him[/quote]did they grow him in a field ?

"177cm height, 72 kg.

"
does anyone actually measure themselves like this ?

[quote user="City1st"]"177cm height, 72 kg.

"

[/quote]

Yep, infact, the rest of the world, apart from Great Britain who insist on keeping their old metrics system, and their left side drive...

To make it easier for you, 177cm is 1.77m :)

I can still remember that famous The Times frontage: " Fog in the channel - the continent is isolated"

Linnes with 2 goals and 1 assist in Moldes 4-0 rout of neighbors Aalesund....80 mins played at the time of writing.

If only Adams and co could get their eyes up and beyond Norfolk, this guy could well be a gem.

I think he will play vs England on Sept 4, so you may get a view of him then.

You think that the club doesn''t have scouts looking at targets outside of Norfolk...? Or is that an attempt to belittle the county?

[quote user="I.S."]You think that the club doesn''t have scouts looking at targets outside of Norfolk...? Or is that an attempt to belittle the county?[/quote]

I do, but the assumption of Norwich having a very good scouting network is way off the mark.

Infact, Norwich´scouting network is rather limited compared to similar sized clubs.

Not belittling anything, but a club like Norwich is relying on finding cheap talent, and in the end selling with a healthy profit.

It is pretty clear that in England, the bargains are few and far between.

So, therefore it would be natural to look outside England, especially in countries where the people usually settles well in England, like the Benelux countries, Germany, Scandinavia, etc.

I know Norwich have scouts in the Benelux countries, very likely also elsewhere in Europe, but we rarely hear anything coming out of this scouting.

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="City1st"]"177cm height, 72 kg.

"

[/quote]

Yep, infact, the rest of the world, apart from Great Britain who insist on keeping their old metrics system, and their left side drive...

To make it easier for you, 177cm is 1.77m :)

I can still remember that famous The Times frontage: " Fog in the channel - the continent is isolated"[/quote]oh dearmaybe you could tell the USA thator explain why distance is still measured in miles as is consumption mpg, speed mph and drinks in a publikewise clothes measurements, shoes, vital statistics, hat size (even one''s own vital statistic )next time you see some exceedingly overweight gut bucket he will be measured as 30 stone or some such as that is what folks understand - even new born babies are measure in poundsand similarly football measurements, 6 yard box etc .... and maybe you might care to listen to the odd commentary where a players height is always described as being six foot or more etc ..... never 1.999m or some such similar gibberishperhaps the commentaries could be in Esperanto

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="I.S."]You think that the club doesn''t have scouts looking at targets outside of Norfolk...? Or is that an attempt to belittle the county?[/quote]

I do, but the assumption of Norwich having a very good scouting network is way off the mark.

Infact, Norwich´scouting network is rather limited compared to similar sized clubs.

Not belittling anything, but a club like Norwich is relying on finding cheap talent, and in the end selling with a healthy profit It is pretty clear that in England, the bargains are few and far between.

So, therefore it would be natural to look outside.

England, especially in countries where the people usually settles well in England, like the Benelux countries, Germany, Scandinavia, etc.

I know Norwich have scouts in the Benelux countries, very likely also elsewhere in Europe, but we rarely hear anything coming out of this scouting.[/quote]your evidence for the first would be welcomeyour second is sh ite or perhaps you give an example of this from say 2009 - 2014and your third merely confirms your stupidity - the reason we rarely hear anything is that the scouting reports are made to the board of directors not this forum

Martin Linnes is a great, exciting player. Makes some great runs to get forward, excellent at crossing, beating players and scores quite a few too. Good shout this one. Would love us to sign him!

With our present worries at RB it would at least be worth a look at this guy.

I still doubt Norwich got a decent scouting prescence in Scandinavia, but Henning Berg, the now Legia Warzaw manager, used to do some scouting for Norwich while doing some part time media work in Norway, prior to getting the Legia job.

Also, earlier this season there were some rumours of us looking at a striker in Sweden, so maybe my assumptions of low scouting activity in this part of the world is wrong ;)

He''s probably brilliant on Football Manager, or FIFA, or something.

City1st wrote the following post at 25/08/2014 2:19 AM:

"177cm height, 72 kg. "

For the record, Australia does!