Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

£9m For Redmond

[quote user="Darth Catbeard"]I must admit in our current situation I would have been very tempted by 9 Million provided it was all up front and we had a decent sell on because we simply have to get promoted this year and I''m not sure Redmond would be absolutely vital to that. As it is we don''t really have a winger who can be relied on to consistently put in good deliveries except for E.Bennett but his relative lack of ability on the ball and pace compared to our other wide men means he will get into a position to put balls in less.

How many wingers fast Redmonds age (and I include the absolute world class here) have there been that have had a great final ball? Very, very few, ikt will come and when it does his confidence will grow and he''ll be amazing, a 20 million player easily so I can see why the board are holding on to him even if he isn''t that vital this year at least.

Some wingers ie Hoilett and Lennon never develop but unlike them Redmond has his head screwed on properly and a fantastic drive and work ethic so he will improve, it''s an absolute certainty. I get as frustrated with him as anyone at the ground when I''m desperate for us to win (Although I never vocalise it) but we need to give him as much slack and encouragement as possible.

Like I said when i first heard about the potential off I would have been very tempted to sell if it had been my decision but thinking about it more in depth I''m glad we held onto him![/quote]

In that context it might be interesting that natural left-footed ex-Belgium winger Roland Lamah (26) is currently without club. Last season he was on loan at Swansea from Osasuna, used mostly as sub, scoring 2 goals with 2 assists in about 600 minutes. Compare that to Redmond''s statistics of 1/5 in about 2,200 minutes and 9m, selling would have sounded like good business.