Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

£9m For Redmond

I don''t suppose anyone has seen that Southampton have bid 11.8 Million for a Senegal Winger called Siado Mane who is currently with Salzburg ? According to Sky Sports ? So

If this comes off would they want Redmond as well ?

Potential or not £9m at this point in time for Redmond is great business. I personally would ask for an extra £1m to make it a nice rounded figure.

Fer had potential and a few posters on here were saying we should be looking for up to £15m for him and look what we got.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]If anyone listened to Eadie on the way home yesterday i think he got it spot on. Redmond always stops the ball and gives the defender chance to set himself meaning he starts his run from a standing start. Where as Murphy likes the ball to always be on the move so hes always on the front foot meaning the defender always has something to think about.[/quote]

So Redmond needs some coaching.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"] I just want to see Redmond take his man on a bit more.[/quote]

and put over a cross like he did on Saturday for Grabban''s goal.  He needs some encouragement. 

People seem to forget his job is so hard for someone of his age. Regularly man marked and closed down by 2/3 people instantly. Does well to wiggle his way through most of the time....as for his decision making and final ball....if he was quality at that he wouldn''t be anywhere near Norwich. If and when that does improve he will be a top top player.

Selling him is only wise if invested properly. Last day deals can lead to a rushed decision, when Adams is clearly happy with his attacking selections. Personally I think we should try an ambitious bid for Scott Sinclair. Rumoured to be wanting out and nobody has taken him on.

[quote user="The Great Wall Of Tettey"]

Personally I think we should try an ambitious bid for Scott Sinclair. Rumoured to be wanting out and nobody has taken him on.[/quote]

Ehh...no Championship club will afford even half the wages Sinclair is on. Even half of the Premiership will not consider Sinclair on his current wages, even if he decides to lower his demands 50%.

grefstad wrote the following post at 01/09/2014 1:43 PM:

Ehh...no Championship club will afford even half the wages Sinclair is on. Even half of the Premiership will not consider Sinclair on his current wages, even if he decides to lower his demands 50%.

Just wondering if you know what Sinclairs wages are grefstad? Are you ''in the know''?

I have no idea if this is true or not but Scott Sinclair is rumoured to be on 45k a week, as he was linked to West Brom for a loan move last year:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-step-up-pursuit-2157241

But naturally we have no idea if this is true!

Adycakes wrote the following post at 01/09/2014 10:26 AM:

I have no idea if this is true or not but Scott Sinclair is rumoured to be on 45k a week, as he was linked to West Brom for a loan move last year:

-----------------

I maybe wrong but I thought he did go to west brom or villa and played just reserve games for the season?

9 Million is a good price but we do not need to sell him and we do not need the money, we all ready have plenty from our parachute payments and sales of Fer and Snoddy. The fact is we should keep him regardless of the offer as he is an important player if we want to push for promotion. Having said all this I am sure we will sell him

9m for a player with a lot of potential is a risky deal of course however I think it is one worth doing. I am a massive fan of Redmond''s abilities but still think he will end up as a No.10 type player anyway. If we were to get a good fee of 9m + with a sell on I think there are other players we could get in for less who would be up to the standard we need and want in our team. Yes it is always difficult to let a player go when you know they can be brilliant however, is Redmond going to be the one player who will drive us up and onwards this season or even possibly next irrespective of league? I don''t think he will to be honest as he needs time, needs coaching and to me a position change and if we could get a replacement for around he 3-4m mark in the mould of what we need now and 1/2 years down the line then that would represent good business for us.

[quote user="lharman7"]grefstad wrote the following post at 01/09/2014 1:43 PM:

Just wondering if you know what Sinclairs wages are grefstad? Are you ''in the know''?[/quote]

Well...if a player decides to sit on the bench at Man City for years, you dont have to be "in the know" to understand that he is on massive wages. Otherwise he would have moved on to further his career.

And all players at Man C make very good earnings, way beyond what Championship clubs are prepared to pay.

grefstad wrote the following post at 01/09/2014 7:16 PM:

Well...if a player decides to sit on the bench at Man City for years, you dont have to be "in the know" to understand that he is on massive wages. Otherwise he would have moved on to further his career.

And all players at Man C make very good earnings, way beyond what Championship clubs are prepared to pay.

I don''t think any player decides to sit on the bench.

Define ''massive wages''?

Are the youth and development squad all on very good earnings?

Do you still think you are in the know?

[quote user="lharman7"]

I don''t think any player decides to sit on the bench.

Define ''massive wages''?

Are the youth and development squad all on very good earnings?

Do you still think you are in the know?[/quote]

I''m sure you are not as thick as your writing now suggests?

No player decides to sit on the bench, no, but hsi he is deemed not good enough, that is where he will be. And the player can easily say NO to any club that comes along to take him on loan or even to buy him, if he is better off collecting his wages on the bench at Man C.

Thats why certain players become bench-warmers. They dont care, as long as they are earning big money.

I suspect Sinclair can be one of those more interested in the earnings than the career. Certain seems like it based on the last few years.

I hope this doesn''t come to fruition. I think we need him, and to lose him now, with potentially no time to bring in a proper replacement would be silly decision I think. Having an extra 9 million in the bank won''t help us get promoted.

grefstad wrote the following post at 01/09/2014 7:43 PM:

I''m sure you are not as thick as your writing now suggests?

No player decides to sit on the bench, no, but hsi he is deemed not good enough, that is where he will be. And the player can easily say NO to any club that comes along to take him on loan or even to buy him, if he is better off collecting his wages on the bench at Man C.

Thats why certain players become bench-warmers. They dont care, as long as they are earning big money.

I suspect Sinclair can be one of those more interested in the earnings than the career. Certain seems like it based on the last few years.

And I''m sure you think you know a lot more than what you actually do!

You are making more and more assumptions with every post you make!

[quote user="lharman7"]grefstad wrote the following post at 01/09/2014 7:16 PM: . Define ''massive wages''? Are the youth and development squad all on very good earnings? Do you still think you are in the know?[/quote]

Google says £2.08million pa............I call that massive.

So we got through the window and Redmond is still here.

I think that''s a good thing for us.

What hasn''t been said yet, and it pains me to say it, but you do have to give credit to Mr.Hughton for this. The fact that he bought him for £3m, and now some of us are saying we should reject £9m because he could be worth more, is fantastic business.

[quote user="lharman7"]£2m in today''s footballing world....massive!

Really?[/quote]

2 mill a year equals aprox 40000 pounds per week. Yes, it is massive. Certainly for a Championship club considering to take him on.

grefstad wrote the following post at 02/09/2014 9:37 PM:

2 mill a year equals aprox 40000 pounds per week. Yes, it is massive. Certainly for a Championship club considering to take him on.

You may want to re read what we were talking about before posting!

I must admit in our current situation I would have been very tempted by 9 Million provided it was all up front and we had a decent sell on because we simply have to get promoted this year and I''m not sure Redmond would be absolutely vital to that. As it is we don''t really have a winger who can be relied on to consistently put in good deliveries except for E.Bennett but his relative lack of ability on the ball and pace compared to our other wide men means he will get into a position to put balls in less.

How many wingers fast Redmonds age (and I include the absolute world class here) have there been that have had a great final ball? Very, very few, ikt will come and when it does his confidence will grow and he''ll be amazing, a 20 million player easily so I can see why the board are holding on to him even if he isn''t that vital this year at least.

Some wingers ie Hoilett and Lennon never develop but unlike them Redmond has his head screwed on properly and a fantastic drive and work ethic so he will improve, it''s an absolute certainty. I get as frustrated with him as anyone at the ground when I''m desperate for us to win (Although I never vocalise it) but we need to give him as much slack and encouragement as possible.

Like I said when i first heard about the potential off I would have been very tempted to sell if it had been my decision but thinking about it more in depth I''m glad we held onto him!