Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

£9m For Redmond

I know that and im not slating Redmond, im just saying what Eadie said, i like Redmond and i think potentionally he will be very very good. Trust me im not saying Murphy is better than Redmond. Both very young with lots to learn. I just wabt to see Redmond take his man on a bit more.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]I know that and im not slating Redmond, im just saying what Eadie said, i like Redmond and i think potentionally he will be very very good. Trust me im not saying Murphy is better than Redmond. Both very young with lots to learn. I just wabt to see Redmond take his man on a bit more.[/quote]

Fair enough but he didn''t say Redmond always checks inside he was referring mainly to the second half and by not quoting his stated opinion for why this was happening it sounds a bit like he''s turned into Snodgrass mark 2 so I just thought I''d point it out!

"I love the window, in facti. Wish it was like the old day when there was

an open transfer window all year, but if we let him go I would have no

faith that if Murphy and eb got use up by being our wide players that we

would need premiership calibre wide men then"
it pretty much is normal transfer business outside of the PL - it''s just that the signings are referred to as loans, then confirmed later"His final ball is somtimes woeful"eh ?I would like to say that his final ball is mostly woeful, but that would be under doing itas to ''assists'' - just meaningless old bo  llox to over excite the happy clappy types

otherwise whatever the fee is,  take the money and run

There''s no point selling anyone unless we spend the cash. Nine million for Redmond is a good deal but we will have to get someone in who is at least his equal before the window shuts. That''s going to take some doing.

Money in the bank never got anyone promoted.

We already have plenty of money in the bank. What we need to compete for promotion are quality players, not a fist full of cash.

If we need players in January, it''s probably too late to reasonably expect a top 2 finish. Keep the good players and bring in quality now.

Exactly, its the old cliche but true; you can''t win the title by christmas, but you sure can lose it. We need our best players and if they do go we need to make sure we can replace them with better quality. If we sold redmond could we get a player just as good with the same potential for half the money with one day to go...i''m not so sure

Nexus_Canary wrote the following post at 31/08/2014 4:59 PM:

Love the mongs on here dribbling that we should sell.

Go back to playing Fifa and thinking you understand football gents.

----------------------

although I agree we shouldn''t sell, there''s no need to call people names if they don''t agree with you, £9m is quite a bit of dosh.

[quote user="Ice Cold Pineapple Soda"]We already have plenty of money in the bank. What we need to compete for promotion are quality players, not a fist full of cash.

If we need players in January, it''s probably too late to reasonably expect a top 2 finish. Keep the good players and bring in quality now
.[/quote]Not particularly no. We may be up there but just need a quality player to help push us over the line. A new Huckerby or near enough.I''d prefer we keep Redmond, but silly offers like £9m are too good to turn down, if real.

Come on miggins.£9m for a England U21 with bags of potential ?We netted £8m for Fer and £6m for Snoddy.We will probably sell Bassong on a cheap to get rid but could get £10m+ for Hooper, plus the chance of £8m for Ricky.We don''t need to sell. So why sell a player who is going to be worth double that when we get back to the Prem?Adams if nothing else has proven he works well with young players, so he would be crazy to go to a team like Saints who are going to be fighting the drop.

yeah totally agree with you nexus although personally wouldn''t want us to sell hooper unless Becchio is back in contention which none of us really know, he was there for the crawley game but was that just to put him in the ''shop window'' - who knows.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]There''s no point selling anyone unless we spend the cash. Nine million for Redmond is a good deal but we will have to get someone in who is at least his equal before the window shuts. That''s going to take some doing.

Money in the bank never got anyone promoted.[/quote]the transfer window no longer applies to uswe simply sign a player on a ''loan'' as we did with Martin, and make the signature permanent in January as to your last comment - that is even sillier as you haven''t the slightes idea what money is the bank of clubs who are promoted

9 million is good but only if we have a suitable replacement lined up. He''s very young and has bags of talent and is in the England squad. With that in mind surely we should be asking for something closer to 12m. It''s not just about the price of his ability but also the price of his potential.

I''ll translate. We''ll receive a lot of money for Redmond, Hairy''s post implied that we need to spend some of this money on a replacement for Redmond because there''s no point in not spending it on a replacement. There.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]yeah totally agree with you nexus although personally wouldn''t want us to sell hooper unless Becchio is back in contention which none of us really know, he was there for the crawley game but was that just to put him in the ''shop window'' - who knows.[/quote]Think we can write off Becchio and I have a strange feeling about Hoopers "injury". Im thinking the clubs holding for big money and hes wanting out. I hope to be wrong because I rate Hooper and think he will rip apart the Championship.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I''ll translate. We''ll receive a lot of money for Redmond, Hairy''s post implied that we need to spend some of this money on a replacement for Redmond because there''s no point in not spending it on a replacement. There.[/quote]

Thanks for trying Mrs but I still doubt he''ll grasp the point. Never quite sure if he''s a bit slow or just plain perverse.

Sell the slacker, yes he did set up the opener yesterday on the only occasion he played like a winger ought by getting to the line and putting in a cross, but was at fault for the equaliser.

£9m is a good price we haven''t seen any improvement in his play since joined last year and nothing to suggest he will improve further.

Keeping Redmond will hold back the careers of Josh and Jacob Murphy who are more direct and are more creative.

Regarding wingers we have Elliott Bennet, the murphys, Lafferty, McGrandless and Vidas so not short there. Sell, sell ,sell.

Redmond is touted as having great potential, i have yet to see much evidence of this in a Norwich shirt and Murphy looks to be twice the player. I would take the cash and give Murphy and Bennett the opportunity to start games. No need to panic and spend the money either, January may be the point when we may need tp spend big to take us hopefully forward in the run in to the end of the season

Agree with Pete. If anything is not as good as when he first joined us. People keep suggesting he is young and will improve but to date has shown no evidence of becoming a better player - and this is despite competing against lesser defenders etc. Reminds me of Wright-Phillips and Lennon who can be very pacey and exciting but never produce much or score many goals. Our problem for some time is that we rarely look like scoring and this was again evident yesterday. I would take a good offer and take a chance on the Murphys.

the same wright phillips who played for chelsea regularly in his prime? the same lennon who played for a spurs team getting into the championship? You''re not wrong, he''s pacey and at this moment in time has little end product (although better than snodgrass who was sold for around £6m), yet the strange thing is some people say the murphy twins are better, surely thats insane? Can you imagine Josh Murphy against premier league defences, there was no competition when he came on last season, at least Redmond held his own in the prem. He''ll be great this season, he just needs more than 5 games to show it; its a shame only premier league clubs can see it instead of a few posters on here.