Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

£9m For Redmond

Reports one newspaper, probably not true. But if thats true surely thats too good to turn down, but only if we are going to replace him with another winger.

Looking at the prices Southampton have achieved for their players plus £8m for McGoldrick - Redmond must be worth at least £12m.

As Josh Murphy is a better player, we could afford to let him go for a stupid price.

like i said, its an investment, in a few more seasons he''ll be worth more than £9m. What other winger has got his pace and is as good as redmond? Sako at wolves maybe?

Cliche alert. Every player has his price and at £9 million that price would be too good to turn down.

like i said, its an investment, in a few more seasons he''ll be worth more than £9m. What other winger has got his pace and is as good as redmond? Sako at wolves maybe?

2 from Wolves

Gnarby

Ben Arta

One Anthony Pilkington

McCrandles if the hype is correct

And that''s just off the top of my head, 6M is a very good deal 9M is order a taxi now money

Apologies I haven''t head of Ben Arta, which team does he play for?

Is Gnarby meant to be Gnabry from Arsenal?

Lastly Anthony pilkington doesn''t have the pace redder has, although he can use both feet as well as put in some great crosses, its a shame that we lost him but he''ll always be worth no more than £4-6m imo, how Cardiff payed around £1.5m (''allegedly,'' city 1st might be around) is incredible, although i suppose with his injury troubles its understandable to a certain extent.

Think it''s fair to say miggins is one of those easily deceived football fans who believes that a bit of pace and a few fancy stepovers equate to world beater. Comparing Redmond to Sako is laughable. Different types of player for a start, and in terms of contribution to their team if Redmond is worth 9 million than Sako is worth at least twice that.

I don''t think redmond is worth that much at the moment, he has little end product, but I don''t think even you can deny that pace in this league is a great weapon against big defenders, we saw yesterday from the two goals in the game; redderz beating his man down the line to assist, and wolves through pass where their winger quickly got round the back; is that being easily deceived that pace is a threat to the opposition? imo redderz is probably worth about £4m on current ability and that sako from wolves is probably worth about twice that (like you said) so £8m (although its obviously guesswork). Yet I think if we keep redmond, in a few years, he will be worth a hell of a lot. I know lots of people say it, but look at Lennon and Walcott; they had no end product, but lots of pace; they''re now worth loads. Its an investment, £9m is a good price, but £14m and promotion is better imo.

The money is good, but what would really really do with 9m and about a day left in the transfer window? Clubs would know we have plenty to spend and desperately need a winger so we''d end up having to pay way over the odds and probably end up with someone who isn''t an ideal fit.

There''s very little chance he''s going to lose value over the next few months so why not hold on until at least the January window. By then, hopefully, Murphy will have had a few more games so we can see if he''s actually ready to start at this level and we''ll have had a good look at the new Scottish kid.

Even if you don''t rate Redmond you have to admit teams adjust their game to him based on his reputation alone. He''s always being tightly marked or even doubled up on which creates room elsewhere to exploit.

If everyone has their price then at this point in the window Redmond is worth what Man U paid for Zaha.

Big English teams always like to pay silly money for British players imo.

As ENG u21 regular and this pace and ball control who not often can be seen in Brit player his price will stay high next 2 years for sure.

No doubt far from end player but have ability to catch scout''s eye easy.

Great money but is better to keep most of players together at least by January and then depend of position and happiness to be decided as money always silly this period ...

Five Championship games & really only one positive contribution doesn''t do it for me & in all honesty I think Murphy is just as good if not better. If we got £8m for Snodgrass then £9m or £10m for Redmond seems too good to be true because he''s only half the player that Snoddy was.Yes he''s young & he might get better but on the other hand what we''ve seen already might be as good as he gets especially as he''s already become this seasons scapegoat. .Sell.

No. Norwich need 4 wide-players. They currently have 3 (possibly 4, if you include McGrandles). Unless you have a replacement already lined up (which I doubt, Norwich have already indicated a a commitment to keep Redmond) then you''re leaving the team short.
Also, Josh Murphy better than Redmond? Based on what? 

This is a unusual one, i could see how 9m would be extremely attractive and should the club decide thats good enough to let him go, considering his end product is so appalling, i wont be up in arms about it. However if Adams and co think that the end product is not to far away from materialising (which i know we havent seen much evidence of) then he will go for alot alot more than that and might go along way to getting us up and being a real force in the prem. Basically imo it''s a gamble either way.

If anyone listened to Eadie on the way home yesterday i think he got it spot on. Redmond always stops the ball and gives the defender chance to set himself meaning he starts his run from a standing start. Where as Murphy likes the ball to always be on the move so hes always on the front foot meaning the defender always has something to think about.

It is great money, but it also is a wide player that we cannot lose out on. We need pace in this division, but more importantly in the division above.

Some posters have made good points that our midfield look good in this division, points I made earlier saying they were champ players playing in the prem. But any player who is that wanted by prem clubs has to new Roth keepi we need as many genuine quality players as we can get so the transfer window in January and next summer we can pick prem players and not need to replace most of our starting 11 with premiership calibre players. Yes he is not he finished article, but if we went up with eb and Murphy as our wide options I would have no faithi n those two doing it in the prem yet.

We need to keep Redmond. The only players we can let go our Surman, bassong and becchio. Then in January we can look, trust me if we are not looking like promotion candidates bids will come in for players but teams will be desperate. Hooper, ruddy and Redmond may go for more in January

I love the window, in facti. Wish it was like the old day when there was an open transfer window all year, but if we let him go I would have no faith that if Murphy and eb got use up by being our wide players that we would need premiership calibre wide men then.

I would reject this offer personally. Whilst he hasn''t had a great start to the season, he has massive potential. I can see him being worth £20m in a couple of seasons if we can keep hold of him. As we saw last season, on his day he can go round anyone and I think although it might take a while, he will eventually get back into the form that we saw him in at times last season, especially as he knows that we have players who can easily step in for him (Murphy, Bennett, McGrandles).

Plus, with 1 day left of the transfer window what are we going to do with that money? There''s hardly enough time to replace him, and even if we are able to, are we really going to be able to get in someone as good as an in form Nathan Redmond for less than £9m and on similar wages?

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]If anyone listened to Eadie on the way home yesterday i think he got it spot on. Redmond always stops the ball and gives the defender chance to set himself meaning he starts his run from a standing start. Where as Murphy likes the ball to always be on the move so hes always on the front foot meaning the defender always has something to think about.[/quote]Two different players with different attributes imo.   Murphy has "legs" - in other words he will outpace defenders in a straight race.  Redmond has acceleration over five yards, therefore will beat a defender from a standing start.  Both good attributes to have, but will inevitably mean the two players will look different in their style of play.Both young and good to have on board - but both with plenty to learn.If we are serious about the league this year, we need to keep them both imo. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="CJRV 2014"]If anyone listened to Eadie on the way home yesterday i think he got it spot on. Redmond always stops the ball and gives the defender chance to set himself meaning he starts his run from a standing start. Where as Murphy likes the ball to always be on the move so hes always on the front foot meaning the defender always has something to think about.[/quote]Two different players with different attributes imo.   Murphy has "legs" - in other words he will outpace defenders in a straight race.  Redmond has acceleration over five yards, therefore will beat a defender from a standing start.  Both good attributes to have, but will inevitably mean the two players will look different in their style of play.Both young and good to have on board - but both with plenty to learn.If we are serious about the league this year, we need to keep them both imo. [/quote]

Ideally I would keep Redmond.

But when the offer is 9 mill, it certainly makes you mull it over.

It all boils down to if you think Redmond will become a big player for us, or will he fizzle out like Lennon and Townsend?

I think it is more likely he will not make it big than the opposite. If so, 9 mill is a good price.

39 games, 1 goal and 3-4 assists? Not good enough, whatever level.

Having seen him play a lot, I struggle to see him becoming an effective winger.

For me he is the ideal 70 mins sub, stretching teams and causing havoc on the counter. But when he is starting, I just dont see anything that makes him live up to the hype.

A player needs to have something in him, something undescribablle, smartness, got a footballing brain, quick actions, descisiveness, know how to play your teammates good, etc. This is something coaches can never teach you, and in Redmond''s case, I think a lot of these attributes are missing.

For 9 mill or better, I''d sell.

I also think Conor McGrindle is bought as an insurance in case Redmond leaves.

Every player doesn''t have his price yes £9m for Redmond would be a grey deal for us but at the same time Who would we replace him with (Josh Murphy isn''t good enough YET don''t care what people say he did nothing yesterday and looked lost)

His final ball is somtimes woeful however take him out the squad yesterday and that goal wouldn''t have been scored he''s one of our best players and to let him go would spell te end of our promotion fight in my opinion

[quote user="grefstad"]Ideally I would keep Redmond.

But when the offer is 9 mill, it certainly makes you mull it over.

It all boils down to if you think Redmond will become a big player for us, or will he fizzle out like Lennon and Townsend?

I think it is more likely he will not make it big than the opposite. If so, 9 mill is a good price.

39 games, 1 goal and 3-4 assists? Not good enough, whatever level.

Having seen him play a lot, I struggle to see him becoming an effective winger.

For me he is the ideal 70 mins sub, stretching teams and causing havoc on the counter. But when he is starting, I just dont see anything that makes him live up to the hype.

A player needs to have something in him, something undescribablle, smartness, got a footballing brain, quick actions, descisiveness, know how to play your teammates good, etc. This is something coaches can never teach you, and in Redmond''s case, I think a lot of these attributes are missing.

For 9 mill or better, I''d sell.

I also think Conor McGrindle is bought as an insurance in case Redmond leaves.[/quote]

4 assists in 28 starts is better than most, bet you wouldn''t sell wes when he has the same ratio!

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Yer what does Eadie know about quick pacey wingers.[/quote]

Yes Eadie did indeed say that but you have conveniently left out the part where he blamed other players for overlapping Redmond thus causing this change in tact from him, mainly Whittaker.