Sign in to follow this  
daz

norway tonight

is tettey in the squad ? rested ?

just that haven''t seen anything about the Norway squad.... thought he might have been picked and would make the game a BIT more appealing to watch ! ha

Love England, but after the way Big John has been treated will be happier when Hodgson has gone.

Great to see Norway in an Umbro kit.

Wish England would go back to them - proper football company.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]wtf why are you worried about our kit? of all things[/quote]It''s a change from watching paint dry.Apart from the pen, the highlights should take up all of 45 seconds.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz[|-)]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="mrs miggins"]wtf why are you worried about our kit? of all things[/quote]It''s a change from watching paint dry.Apart from the pen, the highlights should take up all of 45 seconds.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz[|-)][/quote]

Can''t even get any enthusiasm at all to watch England.

Having just watched this awful game in Stavanger it''s so sad that my Norwegian friends said there''s not much between the teams and Rooney slated....fat no movement and embarassing as captain. (Whooohoo scored a penalty).

Still only a freindly and a tough game coming up.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="mrs miggins"]wtf why are you worried about our kit? of all things[/quote]

It''s a change from watching paint dry.

Apart from the pen, the highlights should take up all of 45 seconds.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz[|-)]
[/quote]

No match report Ricardo or doesn''t your keyboard have an * button[;)]

Rooney''s obviously a very good player but it''s about what is right for the team. He was ok at the WC, probably one of our better players on an individual basis.

But when he''s on the pitch it seems like everything has to go through him and it slows things down. When he gets the ball the momentum is often killed.

There''s some exciting players in the England squad - Sterling, Sturridge, Welbeck and Chamberlain all give something going forward. They have some zip and energy about the way they play. But while Rooney is around (and captain) someone is always going to have to miss out to accommodate him - and that might not be right for the team.

Didn''t bother to watch the game, enough is enough, Capello in 2010 and the debacle again in 2012 and 2014 with Woy and the boys and the final straw of Rooney being the captain and flag bearer of my country has ground me down, I no longer feel any emotional connection to my national side. I took a view to stop following England, after years of the same dull dross played out by overrated players that I had no connection to and on the most part disliked, why put myself through it any more?Watched my first World Cup this year as a total neutral and really enjoyed it, no pressures, no anguish, no disappointments, just watched football for the joy of watching teams and individuals battle it out using different styles of play. There were some classic games, as usual England didnt feature in any of them.Didn''t watch any build up to any England game, read the journo`s drivel, listen to any studio pundits. I couldn''t give a stuff what Gerrard or Woy had to say, why should I, its all guff, it always has been.Turned the England World Cup games on when the matches started and turned them off when they finished. Shrugged my shoulders when we were beaten, no emotion one way or the other.Hodgson, you had a free hand, nobody expects us to be world beaters,, we just want to see some fluidity in our style (or any style) and players expressing themselves.  What we get is Hughtonesque crab football and countless shots of you looking totally lost and out of your depth rubbing your chin, you are a bottler, you havent got the kahunas to go for it.

Wow! That''s impressive and very well put, Molly.

I wasn''t as detached as you but certainly not as wound up as previous Cups. By the time England was all but eliminated, what I wanted most was for Rooney to complete another WC without scoring.

When he did, I was still able to experience Schaudenfreud knowing his big breakthrough resulted in a(nother) loss.

Trouble is it shows deeper problems with the English game in general basically none of those players are the main men in their club sides in terms of making their club teams tick. Without their foreign team mates pulling it altogether, they are totally directionless.

As long as people completely miss the point by seeking to blame one individual or a small group of individuals the situation will not improve. The number of coaches in the UK compared to other countries like Germany ans Spain is lamentable. it seems the UK is a much more selfish society where people would rather take the lazy option to criticise others rather than take the time and effort to train as a coach and help others.

[quote user="T"]As long as people completely miss the point by seeking to blame one individual or a small group of individuals the situation will not improve. The number of coaches in the UK compared to other countries like Germany ans Spain is lamentable. it seems the UK is a much more selfish society where people would rather take the lazy option to criticise others rather than take the time and effort to train as a coach and help others.[/quote]

I agree I wasn''t blaming foreign players I was blaming the system that hasn''t enabled our current generations to step up sufficiently to take the main roles in the teams. I don''t feel angry with the actual players I feel they give what they can give, it''s just that it''s not enough, IMO that''s more depressing than if I thought the players couldn''t be bothered.

Quite right T.

Mind you the whole World can be accused of selfishness,but that can be put on another thread

It is arrogance of the highest level, that the FA etc seem to believe that the World owes us deep gratitude, for inventing football, and we are hanging onto the progressive movements of World football , by it''s shirt tails, and the only reason we can still be invited to the party is because we can attract sponsors. That can''t go on for ever, and I feel that cracks are widening already, so things have to be done now, but whilst people are (selfish) looking to feather their own nests, nobody will, like has been said, have the nuts to do anything about it, in case it spoils their pension. Same ca be said for politicians, but that''s for another thread.........

with my many years of experience you learn one thing

NEVER EVER watch a Norway England game they are always awful games

I agree that the problems with England go deeper than blaming the manager, players, the FA, Sky or the government who are ultimately a product of the society they operate in.

If you compare social attitudes in Germany and UK then you can see in the football, as well as education, infrastructure, crime rate and economy there is such a thing as society which is more collectively successful. No doubt though that the UK is a society where the premier league and sky TV can generate more money than Germany.

I actually couldn''t give a flying dogs d1ck about England. Especially after the disgraceful way Big John was treated. I can''t get excited about a ManUtd/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool supergroup. I just love NCFC.

I resonate with that post by Molly Windley!

There''s so much wrong with our national set-up it''s easier to mentally switch off than focus on it. Such a shame that youngsters today are not experiencing the passion this country enjoyed in 1966...

[quote user="T"]As long as people completely miss the point by seeking to blame one individual or a small group of individuals the situation will not improve. The number of coaches in the UK compared to other countries like Germany ans Spain is lamentable. it seems the UK is a much more selfish society where people would rather take the lazy option to criticise others rather than take the time and effort to train as a coach and help others.[/quote]

Exactly this!!! Nail on the head!

there''s a reason English football is in decline... Heads are so far up backsides that it''s never going to change.

The Women''s game is now startign to overtake the mens in this country due to the correct coaching ebing in place.

the FA need to take a brave risk.. abandon the league sides for the next decade and pump every single penny into grass roots football then we might. maybe.. JUST MAYBE start to compete with the best again...