Sign in to follow this  
Canary

Bournemouth Reaction

Bit of shameless plugging here, I wrote an article for an new football website and I''d love a bit of feedback. Small Steps - The MatchGive it a read, and let me know what you think. There''s also some other great articles about Norwich on the site. Thanks!

Good article Canary. Enjoyed the read. A sensible and balanced perspective.

My only suggestion would be to chunk the text up into smaller paragraphs. Would make it easier to read given the online format.

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]Good article Canary. Enjoyed the read. A sensible and balanced perspective.

My only suggestion would be to chunk the text up into smaller paragraphs. Would make it easier to read given the online format.[/quote]Not at all bad Canary.  I do agree with Kingston though, you need to break it up a bit into smaller paragraphs as he rightly says.  Other than that, pretty damn good.[:D]

A good article and I agreed with much of it!

The key question is how can we break down teams that aim to frustrate us. Other managers will have seen how Eddie Howe was able to nullify our attacking threat. With a well-drilled 9 allowing few chinks of light through and the speed of Wilson to threaten our lack of pace at the back, we did not have a change of plan to alter the dynamics of the match.

We do not have the expertise of professionals but from the stands it seemed as if we did not need 4 at the back and 2 defensive mid-fielders to combat a Bournemouth midfield that largely sat back and just one up front. They created few dangers to our goal which should have given us greater freedom to be more attacking at home.

One answer to two defensive lines of 4 and 5 is also to run at them with pace, specially on the flanks. It was notable on Saturday how rarely Nathan tried to take on his man (and the success we had with the goal on one of the few times he did this). While Redmond may have been discouraged by the previous management team, surely Neil Adams will be coaching him to attack and create chances for Grabban and Lafferty?

On the last sentence, just seen the new Pink Un article about Adams on Redmond .... good to hear from the horse''s mouth! We also need to ensure that the rest of the midfield get closer to the opposition goal to give a target to aim for when the winngers or Grabban have the ball in a promising position .... the Bournemouth match often saw just one in/near the box (sometimes none!).