Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

That little speech bubble in the bottom-right of your screen

Sounds interesting.

Not wishing to derail the thread or be controversial, any chance somebody could fix some of the issues with the forum?

Please Pete do a feline instruction page on that flickering (Yes I said flickering ) little speech bubble. One little kitten is smitten by it and sits beside me trying to catch it by the approved fast swipe paw method. A smitten kitten would you say.Ohhhh!!  I see now what the prob is she thinks it says Cat not Chat-Now whose fault is that.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Waveney can have a field day on there. He can log in under all his usernames and agree with himself all day. [:D]
[/quote]

It''s when he disagrees with himself that it becomes mildly interesting.

Wonder why after about 4 years of no change or improvement whatsoever to the forum, suddenly Archant have introduced a new feature.... bet it has nothing to do with other, superior NCFC fansites/forums....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''ve never seen a superior fansite or forum. This is still by far the best IMO[Y]

[/quote]

Are you registered blind Nigel?

[quote user="kick it off"]Wonder why after about 4 years of no change or improvement whatsoever to the forum, suddenly Archant have introduced a new feature.... bet it has nothing to do with other, superior NCFC fansites/forums....[/quote]Your bet is correct.

[quote user="Getalife"]Please Pete do a feline instruction page on that flickering (Yes I said flickering ) little speech bubble. One little kitten is smitten by it and sits beside me trying to catch it by the approved fast swipe paw method. A smitten kitten would you say.Ohhhh!!  I see now what the prob is she thinks it says Cat not Chat-Now whose fault is that.[/quote]May be it''s a French kitten?

[quote user="Robin Hood canary"]On an iPhone can''t see it. Is it just for desk top users?[/quote]There is an app for it here and also one for Android users here

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''ve never seen a superior fansite or forum. This is still by far the best IMO[Y]

[/quote]

Are you registered blind Nigel?[/quote]

I can quite clearly see you spending your day posting on here. What else do you do instead of something you like better?[;)]

Thanks, but no thanks, Pete.

Chat is for the under-20''s who have difficulties in stringing together a few paragraphs of reasoned thought in the form of a well-crafted out forum submission, and who wish to reduce all thoughts to a 140 character or less sound bite.

On the other hand if means removing those who can manage little more than semi-sentence from the main forum then I''m all for it.

And apologies to the few under-20''s who do make well-thought out posts, there are some.

Getalife wrote:
Please Pete do a feline instruction page on that flickering (Yes I said flickering ) little speech bubble. One little kitten is smitten by it and sits beside me trying to catch it by the approved fast swipe paw method. A smitten kitten would you say.Ohhhh!!  I see now what the prob is she thinks it says Cat not Chat-Now whose fault is that.
May be it''s a French kitten?

Very good - unfortunately that one sailed over his head like a Redmond cross.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Are you registered blind Nigel?[/quote]Still haven''t fixed the garbled-rubbish when quoting using Explorer or whatever browser it is that does it though.

Sanctimonious much?So you''re saying all the journalists, writers, academics using twitter are idiots because they do not focus on a medium that allows them to construct well crafted submissions?You have obviously not got the brain to understand the nuances of communication in the digital age.[quote user="Rock The Boat"]Thanks, but no thanks, Pete.

Chat is for the under-20''s who have difficulties in stringing together a few paragraphs of reasoned thought in the form of a well-crafted out forum submission, and who wish to reduce all thoughts to a 140 character or less sound bite.

On the other hand if means removing those who can manage little more than semi-sentence from the main forum then I''m all for it.

And apologies to the few under-20''s who do make well-thought out posts, there are some.[/quote]

[quote user="ref89"][quote user="Rock The Boat"]Thanks, but no thanks, Pete.

Chat is for the under-20''s who have difficulties in stringing together a

few paragraphs of reasoned thought in the form of a well-crafted out

forum submission, and who wish to reduce all thoughts to a 140 character

or less sound bite.

On the other hand if means removing those who can manage little more

than semi-sentence from the main forum then I''m all for it.

And apologies to the few under-20''s who do make well-thought out posts,

there are some.[/quote]Sanctimonious much?So you''re saying all the journalists, writers, academics using twitter are idiots because they do not focus on a medium that allows them to construct well crafted submissions?You have obviously not got the brain to understand the nuances of communication in the digital age.[/quote]By "nuances of communication in the digital age" I guess you mean mean "the ability to write any load of old sh*t in 140 characters or less"

could we not have a new message board instead of a pink bubble no one''s going to use?

there are plenty of free ones out there that can be built in.

The pink dot with chat written on it                                                                                                                                                    >

It''s not quite as annoying as TV''s deaf signing on late night films.

Do deaf people only watch TV at night?