Sign in to follow this  
crabbycanary

Malcolm Allen

Great little player... Played in the first season I started going. I did wonder what happened to him. What was the programme called? Cant seem to find it.

I randomly met him (and Tim Sherwood) around 1990? in pub notorious for it''s ridiculously long lock-ins...it all makes sense now. The surprise was, it was in the middle of Kent as I think both still played for us at the time.

Allen was either leaving or had just left us as was giving me the Norwich is too small line...he grew up in a village in North Wales and was saying this whilst standing in a pub in a village in Kent. I saw the funny side. Maybe he was drunk? ;)

Fascinating programme. His drinking started at Norwich of all places. His wife lived in London at that time due to work so he had more spare time on his hands.

It''s repeated on Sunday eve for anyone who missed it. Was a good programme and an interesting insight to a glimpse of the side that we fans do not see.

Had planned to watch it, so didn''t bother recording it, but circumstances meant I didn''t get to a TV until 20 mins from the end.

Saw Iwan with a beard, and Mrs Crabby thought he (Iwan!) looked like he was the ''ill'' one!

Will record the repeat!

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]Yes he did.

And my ex wife had a thing about him, the square chinned good looking basted.[/quote]

You don''t often see many women with square chins, and it''s good that , even though you are divorced that you still consider her good looking Johnny.