Sign in to follow this  
Jacks Back

Non League Day 2014

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/news/11076866/Five-reasons-to-support-Non-League-Day-this-weekend.html

As there''s still no NCFC action for a while, why not go down to support your local club. For me, being ''south of the ''border'', I''ll go down to my second club Leiston. The quality of football is often better than you''d think.

If you have an NCFC season ticket or any professional club, or even a membership card of ANY sports club, you''ll probably get a discount on ticket prices (probably about £5 a ticket, Under 18s are free).

There''s even a match finder if you need it:

http://www.nonleagueday.co.uk/map.html

Better than sitting indoors all day!

Why not extend it into Sunday and head down to Mulberry Park for Mulbarton Belles vs Wymondham Ladies...its the first game back in the first division for the Belles and we have a pretty good squad and are capable of going even further this season.Wymondham were runners up in the league cup last season and finished runners up in the league as well so will be a stern test.We are lucky to have attracted a former Norwich City Ladies 1st team player to our ranks this season along with 2 international defenders (both play for Team GB Deaf side).. our long term plan is to become THE best female club in Norfolk.. last season we attracted crowds of about 30... which is more than some Anglian Com games see...our last game of the season where we won the league saw nearly 250 people at Mulberry park...there''s food and drink, free parking and best of all some great free football on show.... if not come and laugh at me patrolling up and down the technical area and jumping about like a spring heeled jack!

I''m taking my boys to see our local side Kingstonian, vs Hendon (we last tried on b-hol Monday but it was abandoned just before kick off). They have an interesting offer on for ''non league day'': if you''re a season ticket holder for any side it''s just £5 to get in tomorrow (usually £10), kids are free and have been for a couple of seasons. I''ll also see our ex loanee Elvis Hammond, who is currently playing for the Ks.

For most of the last twenty years watching my second team has meant trips to some god awful backwaters of insignificant non-league including, but not limited to Bishops Stortford, Sudbury, Heybridge and Chelmsford, but given the successes of recent seasons (and the oppositions failures) this afternoon I shall be watching Braintree Town take on a little obscure non-league club called Bristol Rovers.

The Rowvers fans must be loving being part of NLD!