Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Feel good factor

That''s a bit premature for me at this moment in time, although I am happy with our start and with the management so far.

Clearly, I cannot speak for Carrow Road or the City, but it sounds good.

In simply the results game then only a continuing place in the top-six for the season will feel good.

In fact, a top-six place by the season''s end has to be the minimum requirement to adjudge the Adams experiment as a success, for me at least.

NA has been dealt a good hand with a high quality squad, many with recent Premier League experience, and considerable depth of talent at his disposal. Of course he deserves his share of the praise, thus far, for this.

He has had as much. if not more, funding than any other manager in the league.

As ever, the team benefits from outstanding support and there is stability throughout the Club.

If, this time next year, we remain in our present position then the ''feel-good-factor'' will have diminished, along with the advantages that we currently enjoy.

Nothing can be guaranteed in football and the Championship is an unpredictable league, but I do not feel that my lofty expectations are unreasonable.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]That''s a bit premature for me at this moment in time, although I am happy with our start and with the management so far.

Clearly, I cannot speak for Carrow Road or the City, but it sounds good.

In simply the results game then only a continuing place in the top-six for the season will feel good.

In fact, a top-six place by the season''s end has to be the minimum requirement to adjudge the Adams experiment as a success, for me at least.

NA has been dealt a good hand with a high quality squad, many with recent Premier League experience, and considerable depth of talent at his disposal. Of course he deserves his share of the praise, thus far, for this.

He has had as much. if not more, funding than any other manager in the league.

As ever, the team benefits from outstanding support and there is stability throughout the Club.

If, this time next year, we remain in our present position then the ''feel-good-factor'' will have diminished, along with the advantages that we currently enjoy.

Nothing can be guaranteed in football and the Championship is an unpredictable league, but I do not feel that my lofty expectations are unreasonable.[/quote]

Miserable git!!!!

It''s good to have some wins and a good squad there. I want us to keep winning and build on this. For me, it has to be promotion or bust. I wouldn''t be happy with 3rd and losing in the playoffs particularly. We have the squad to win the division. When you look who Cardiff and Fulham sold, we''ve done amazingly well to keep what we have and other than Forest Derby and Wigan, we''re comfortably better than everyone else on paper. I''m not being arrogant, I understand football isn''t played on paper but that for me has to be what we measure our success on.

I''m positive we''ll do well.

Nail on head Broadstairs, all I would change, is that a top two end of season position should be expected with the squad we have........

I am also thrilled that we have started well and am pleased for Adams after all the flack following his appointment and the opening day loss.

I was fairly ambivalent about his permanent appointment, given that there was little direct experience to measure him on. I felt his achievement with the youth team was encouraging given that it was based largely on tactics and team spirit rather than the talents of the individual players, but would it translate to working with senior professionals? Only history will prove that one way or the other and I have always preferred to give him and his team my full support and a chance to prove any doubters wrong rather than calling for him to be sacked without a fair crack of the whip (every successful manager has forged his name somewhere with little formal experience behind him).

It is, indeed, great to have had something to smile about again recently and it does feel as though the spirit is returning to the side. On the surface at least, almost everything is the antithesis of the Hughton approach (from the pre-match psychology to the in-game tactics).I also can''t wait to see what some of the new signings have to offer but, again, any one of them could all go either way (massive success or underwhelming flop). It''s still very unpredictable.

There is a long way still to go and fortunes can change very quickly. I do think a really convincing win or two in the near future would put more minds at ease. Hopefully we can build some momentum and all continue to pull in the same direction like we did under Lambert. It''s wonderful to see the passion back in the side and the confidence returning to the crowd. Long may it continue!!

OTBC!!