Sign in to follow this  
DannyNCFC7

would you rather?

Have a sell out every game or only have half full ground but good atmosphere?

I know how everybody care about attendance at our club for some reason :/

A full house automatically creates an atmosphere imo, but I know what you mean.   You could have a half filled house of passionate supporters who would also then have the ability and space to move around a bit more, so the more vociferous fans could get together to get the atmosphere going with more singing etc. Ideally we should be able to have both though, a full house and a good atmosphere - but that does depend a little bit on the  football on display ......

I''ve noticed a lot of nostalgia for atmosphere of years gone past, even partaken in that myself a little, can remember a lot more original chants 10 or so years ago.

But it swings in roundabouts. When i''ve spoken to my Grandad about it he''s told me about games in the 50s/60s etc with no singing, no special atmosphere. Then you get the whole football hooligan period, clearly an atmosphere no sane person wants. Then you get the obsession that somehow you being positive in the stands is going to win the game for your team. I''m sure in the quiet periods on the pitch the players have some time to take it in, but when you''re rushing down the pitch you aren''t focusing on what the crowd are or aren''t saying its going to be noise.

LDC hits the nail on the head, it depends on the football on display. When you''re winning, doing well in general, play good enjoyable football of course the crowd are going to be happier. But then away fans are completely different, when we were losing 5-0 to Fulham we were all still going as if we were winning 5-0.