Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Premiership Money

[quote user="swindoncanary"]It looks like it''s gonna be even more money for the Premiership next round of talks, we really need to get back ! http://recombu.com/digital/news/bt-may-go-all-out-for-next-round-of-premier-league-rights[/quote]Its the only place to be. We might have more fun getting there than actually being there but without regularly dipping into it for a few quid then the only way is downwards.See 1p5wich Town for an example of what happens when you are out of it for an extended period.

I couldnt agree more, get back as soon as possible, and as I mentioned in another thread, with the squad we now have I am expecting it to happen straight away with automatic promotion this season.

On the bigger picture of the cash, I just would love to see two things happen going forward...

1. The amount paid to the top players easing off a little, it has now really got out of control and there needs to be some kind of financial rule put in place, perhaps on squad salary spend.

2. More money filtered down to grass roots football and also to lower league clubs - I have wanted to see for years the Premier league clubs all being made to "twin" with a amateur or semi professional club....i.e. Norwich City with a King''s Lynn, Wroxham or Lowestoft with a small percentage of income going to that club, guaranteed pre-season friendlies, etc

The sky domination and utter greed in the premiership makes me sick especially with the likes of Harry Redknapp and co with their noses in the trough again. Grass roots football is dying a slow painful death and our National side is going the same way.