Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Next Game

As it stands the only person unavailable for the Cardiff game is Ryan Bennett. Howson, Olsson & Hooper are expected back. New signings Miquel, Hooiveld, Odjidja-Ofoe & McGrandles are available. Neil Adams certainly has a huge squad to choose from. Interesting to see where the returning players and new guys fit in.

Ruddy

Martin Hooiveld Turner Olsson

Tettey Johnson

Redmond Hoolahan Lafferty

Grabban

Rudd Miquel Odjidja-Ofoe Murphy E.Bennett Hooper Jerome

And thats leaving out senior players like:

Whittaker

Garrido

Cuellar

O''Neil

Howson

Huge credit to the club and NA on keeping a large part of the squad from last season and then strengthening the way they have. For me, this really does make my view stronger, in that automatic promotion should be expected with what is a fantastic squad.

NA now has the task of keeping them all happy and also picking the right team for each match, and I expect to see changes throughout the season based on home and away games and also the opposition of course.

Being a little controversial, and based on what I have seen so far........I would be surprised if Hoolahan remains a regular. Why?....well because, whilst he has certainly been excellent at times during some of the matches to date, he has also shown the other side too often for my liking......that of taking that extra touch and missing the killer pass or being caught in possession, something that at this level surprises me. He remains a luxury player, and I personally would prefer to see him used less......I know many others will disagree.

Also, whilst really rating Olsson, I feel that Garrido deserves to keep his place, he looks very comfortable at this level.

It will be a tough game but the sort of fixture where we need to get a result if we''re serious about automatic promotion. it''ll be far more open than the Bournemouth game when they came to stifle us. I think we''ll come away with three points and nick it by the odd goal.

[quote user="ncfc forever"]I think the next game will be a tough test and I''d take a draw, would you?[/quote]

I think that CJRV 2014 may well be correct. We need height in the centre of defence and Hooiveld is more experienced than Miguel and stronger than Martin.

Tettey and Johnson should probably hold on to their places from past performances, but I would expect O-O to get a run out, and Murphy also if we are chasing the game.

I think that a single striker could well be right, and Grabban is the obvious person. If he fails for once, then it could be Hooper for recuperation at the end, or Jerome.

Adams is full of surprises, however, and things could be very different!

Last time we played a big side away we were found wanting, and Cardiff are something of a cut above Wolves. With a lot of new players still to bed in and a comparatively weaker squad I think we''ll be lucky to get anything.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]I would be surprised if Hoolahan remains a regular. Why?....well because, whilst he has certainly been excellent at times during some of the matches to date, he has also shown the other side too often for my liking......that of taking that extra touch and missing the killer pass or being caught in possession, something that at this level surprises me. He remains a luxury player, and I personally would prefer to see him used less......I know many others will disagree. [/quote]

I agree with you to a certain extent, but I have been impressed by Wes''s contributions on the whole this season.   I too think he will need to be replaced at some stages this season, a long season by any ones standards, let alone for a player in his 30''s who uses so much energy when he plays.   Having watched Vadis on you tube, he looks brilliant and could be the competition that Wes needs for his place in the team.  I suspect that Vadis will start off by being a sub and come on for Wes later in the game and if he does well,  may get a starting place ahead of Wes, giving Wes the chance to come on later in the game to freshen things up.   There is always Howson too, so spreading the load around is bound to happen.  Good to have quality in depth....

I think that with the signing of a left footed centre back, we should expect to see 3 at the back at some stage this season with EB and Olsson deployed as wing backs. This weekend is probably a bit soon but I am sure it will happen.

It seems such a long, long time since we have been willing and able to project an unchanged starting line-up for a game.I do agree with the above that Hoolahan could well be the most vulnerable though and that other changes, substitutions apart, could well be tactical, depending upon the venue and the opposition. It also seems to me that we likley have stronger players waiting in the wings than those chosen starters as things stand at the moment. Nobody is a stand-out player to be dropped for the Cardiff game, although there are a few obvious candidates who probably won''t last the distance.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Also, whilst really rating Olsson, I feel that Garrido deserves to keep his place, he looks very comfortable at this level.[/quote]

Can''t help but think we would have got all 3 points last time out had Garrido not been out of position. Olsson has to play IMO

Same team for me,   we have played well with it and none have been so poor to warrant dropping - reward success I say.

If there were changes I would consider just three,  Hooiveld for Whittaker,  VOO in for BJ,  Olsson for Garrido in that order of preference,  retaining 4231 as the notional formation.

But as stated I would stick with a solid performing team and ensure we take the chances we create while on top.

With a  subs bench of  Rudd, Olsson,  Hooiveld, VOO, Howson, Murphy, Jerome it looks an excellent 18 with real options.