Sign in to follow this  
Bill

best Welsh team (City)

Given that our next game is a trip over the border to visit the ''taffs'' I wondered what would be our best Welsh teamFirst name would have to be the immortal Ron Davies .................. with most likely Bellamy nextOtherwise Darren Ward in goalBowen at the back along with David Jonesmidfield would be spoilt for choice with Phillips, Hockey, Goss, Crofts, Lucas, Allen, Williamswith Iwan Roberts also up front.or maybe Earnshaw ... Ched Evans ?

Chris Llewellyn is definitely worth a shout if Ched gets in there. Underated I always thought and currently at Swansea managing the U21s I believe.

Did Ashley Ward qualify for Wales??Struggle to name the present Welsh team without Googling the answers.Got as far asBaleWilliamsAllenRamsey+A N otherA N otherA N otherA N otherA N otherA N otherA N other

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Chris llwellyn was awull.[/quote]

Well that''s as maybe but 158 appearances and 18 goals would put him ahead of a loan player for me.

1. Darren Ward2. Mark Bowen3. David Jones4. Olli Burton5. David Phillips6. Andrew Crofts7.Trevor Hockey8 David Williams 9. Malcolm Allen 10 Ron Davis11.Craig Bellamysubs Crichton, Earnshaw, Gossmanager Mike Walkers

or terminally dim me overlooking himalso it is Walker, without an ''s''

not like Hughton, without a clue

Looks like you''ve pretty much nailed it now City1st. But surely there''s room for Super Chris on the bench.

For opposition how about the Scots? Very topical with all the current palava about independence. Although I''m surprised it''s taken so long because they stopped coming to the World Cup with us dickies years ago....

Anyway, mine is a very attacking line up with some real legends playing. I''m sure I''ve missed many too!

Gunn

Crowe

Forbes

Macay

Black[:O]

Holt

Bryceland

Foggo

Fleck

MacDougall

Curran

Bone

Sub: Snodgrass

Manager: Lambert

I wondered about Asa Hartford, he should perhaps be on the bench. I never think of Russell Martin as being Scottish but he''d walk into that team because I''ve got a wing half at right back. Whittaker too. Left back could be Willie Donachie. A far more accomplished full back than Alan Black. But could I leave the legend that is Alan Black out of the side for a guy who played less than a dozen games?

Jim Blair????

Did we have a footballer of that name....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I wondered about Asa Hartford, he should perhaps be on the bench. I never think of Russell Martin as being Scottish but he''d walk into that team because I''ve got a wing half at right back. Whittaker too. Left back could be Willie Donachie. A far more accomplished full back than Alan Black. But could I leave the legend that is Alan Black out of the side for a guy who played less than a dozen games?

Jim Blair????

Did we have a footballer of that name....

[/quote]yep, certainly didsigned him from St Mirrenplayed a handful of games around ''73here

LOL

I''m still not convinced City1st....

Good spot Pauls. Now who do we leave out? If you pick on Alan Black I''m going to have to rethink the future....

Paul''s Ferry   "Andy Johnson would surely be worth a place in our Welsh squad too"unfortunately it is the best Welsh team  (as per the OP)so if you want Andy Johnson in, you will have to replace one of the eleven belowlikewise with Mark Walton, Ewan Roberts .........

1. Darren Ward2. Mark Bowen3. David Jones4. Olli Burton5. David Phillips6. Andrew Crofts7.Trevor Hockey8 David Williams 9. Malcolm Allen 10 Ron Davis11.Craig Bellamy

who would you take out of the present 11, or Herman''s 11 ?

to fit in Goss ?

[quote user="City1st"]Paul''s Ferry   "Andy Johnson would surely be worth a place in our Welsh squad too"unfortunately it is the best Welsh team  (as per the OP)so if you want Andy Johnson in, you will have to replace one of the eleven belowlikewise with Mark Walton, Ewan Roberts .........

1. Darren Ward2. Mark Bowen3. David Jones4. Olli Burton5. David Phillips6. Andrew Crofts7.Trevor Hockey8 David Williams 9. Malcolm Allen 10 Ron Davis11.Craig Bellamy

[/quote]

Yet on p1 you name some subs....

Strange.