Based on players you have seen.

Woods

Culverhouse, Bruce, Watson , Drury

Gordon, Crook , Phelan , Huckerby

Drinkell , Sutton

subs: Ruddy, Eadie, Holt, Butterworth, Biggins, Mendham

Polston,Dublin

Bloody good defence Shaunieboy[Y]

Probably Eadie and Holt in the first 11 for me. Can''t count Fashanu as i never saw him except on tv.

John Deehan in there as well, maybe sub.

If we follow the same theory as Welsh/Scottish threads whereby they were capped by the country and also played for us, these players would form part of the squad, I''m sure people will come up with more,..

Chris Woods

Dave Watson

Ryan Bertrand

Martin Peters

Mark Barham

Mick Channon

Peter Osgood

John Ruddy

Dion Dublin

John Fashanu

Scott Parker

[quote user="shaunieboy77"]Based on players you have seen.

Woods

Drinkell , Sutton

Polston,Dublin[/quote]A good team. With a few extra years I would definitely have Keelan in for Woods, Peters for Phelan, and Boyer for Drinkell. Ashman might replace Drury, and Fox possibly get ahead of Gordon.

Having witnessed both martin Peters and martin O''Neill perform in the Yellow, these would be the first names on my team-sheet.That''s obvious though, less so perhaps Graham Paddon who, for a spell, seemed to single-handedly shine in the team at one time.I remember watching us being slaughtered 5-0 by Leeds in a cup replay at Villa park. We had previously held out for two hard-fought 0-0 draws in this tie.On the way from the ground I overheard a Leeds supporter saying that Norwich only had one player who was any good ie. GP. Perhaps it was just on the night though. [:O]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Having witnessed both martin Peters and the Irish martin O''Neill perform in the Yellow, these would be the first names on my team-sheet.

[/quote]

Keelan

Culverhouse  Butterworth Watson  Drury

Reeves   Peters  Crook  Huckerby

Sutton    Drinkell

Subs

Woods, Bruce, Phelan, Barham Eadie, Channon, Ashton                         

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="shaunieboy77"]Based on players you have seen.

Woods

Drinkell , Sutton

Polston,Dublin[/quote]A good team. With a few extra years I would definitely have Keelan in for Woods, Peters for Phelan, and Boyer for Drinkell. Ashman might replace Drury, and Fox possibly get ahead of Gordon.[/quote]I''d have to find room for Maurice Norman Purps, went on to make 23 England appearances and played in the 1962 World Cup.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Having witnessed both martin Peters and martin O''Neill perform in the Yellow, these would be the first names on my team-sheet.That''s obvious though, less so perhaps Graham Paddon who, for a spell, seemed to single-handedly shine in the team at one time.I remember watching us being slaughtered 5-0 by Leeds in a cup replay at Villa park. We had previously held out for two hard-fought 0-0 draws in this tie.On the way from the ground I overheard a Leeds supporter saying that Norwich only had one player who was any good ie. GP. Perhaps it was just on the night though. [:O] [/quote]

I was at that game Broady. Leeds were well clinical in front of goal. Alan Clarke got 3 I think. Paddon did play well and Keelan didn''t really have a bad game either. I think both the previous games were score draws because I remember David Cross scoring in both. There was a big crowd there for a neutral venue on a week night. But that little train station was well scary afterwards with a few of us one side and a few thousand of them the other!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="shaunieboy77"]Based on players you have seen.

Woods

Drinkell , Sutton

Polston,Dublin[/quote]A good team. With a few extra years I would definitely have Keelan in for Woods, Peters for Phelan, and Boyer for Drinkell. Ashman might replace Drury, and Fox possibly get ahead of Gordon.[/quote]I''d have to find room for Maurice Norman Purps, went on to make 23 England appearances and played in the 1962 World Cup. [/quote]Lapps, I was following the criterion of players I had seen. I didn''t realise you were THAT old...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="shaunieboy77"]Based on players you have seen.

Woods

Drinkell , Sutton

Polston,Dublin[/quote]A good team. With a few extra years I would definitely have Keelan in for Woods, Peters for Phelan, and Boyer for Drinkell. Ashman might replace Drury, and Fox possibly get ahead of Gordon.[/quote]I''d have to find room for Maurice Norman Purps, went on to make 23 England appearances and played in the 1962 World Cup. [/quote]Lapps, I was following the criterion of players I had seen. I didn''t realise you were THAT old...[/quote]

Oldest on here without a doubt Purple. My grandad used to tell me about what Lapp used to get up to at school. Tilly''s not far behind. I think he moved up to the school the year they left...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="shaunieboy77"]Based on players you have seen.

Woods

Drinkell , Sutton

Polston,Dublin[/quote]A good team. With a few extra years I would definitely have Keelan in for Woods, Peters for Phelan, and Boyer for Drinkell. Ashman might replace Drury, and Fox possibly get ahead of Gordon.[/quote]I''d have to find room for Maurice Norman Purps, went on to make 23 England appearances and played in the 1962 World Cup. [/quote]Lapps, I was following the criterion of players I had seen. I didn''t realise you were THAT old...[/quote]Oh, I am Purps. I can''t say I remember much about Monty but the players who stand out in my mind from the time were Ken Oxford, Johnny Summers, Noel Kinsey, Tommy Johnston and Reg Foulkes. I think I started going to games around 1952/53.I suggested Maurice Norman because his later achievements for that great Spurs side and England shows what a great player he was and therefore a must in my eleven,

I don''t think I''ve seen enough to make a decent XI, but I would say that the most talented English striker I have seen play for us is Dean Ashton.

[quote user="Lets be aving you"]If we''re having Biggins on the subs bench, surely there must be room for Beckford or Coney?[/quote]I think it''s a trick question, I think he means Christopher. [;)]