Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Lafferty

Super Kyle gets a late winner for Norn Iron. A good away win against the mighty Magyars. Well done.Hooly an unused sub in a good win for the Republic.

Watched until Hungary scored thought it was all over then but NI played well and Kyle had a great game in attack and defence. He would work as a striker up front not just sitting out on the wing.

Must play against Cardiff.

Look forward to goals on SSN later.

If Hoolahan had played today he perhaps ought not to have played Saturday but now a cert.

Ha, I certainly wouldn''t call it a classic goal but he got into the right place to stick it away which is what counts.  It was the type of chance Cureton used to blaze into the upper Barclay.

Eventful game for him, may feel he could have done more to prevent the goal against and sets up NIs first and scores their second

Back from the game (disappointed to say the least), I must say that Kyle was probably the most useful player of the NI team. He was working hard throughouht the game, provided an outlet as a lone striker often proving a handful for the defenders, and also tracked back. The second goal was a bit farcical, but he played a major part in the first, beating his defender, and crossing well for a tap-in. After the game traveling NI-fans were chanting his name and he stayed behind to wave spacial thanks. I''d say I''m glad for him if it wasn''t at the expense of the Magyars. Well, that''s football... Let''s hope he''ll have enough rest until Cradiff...

Thanks for the clip.

Interesting to read elsewhere his manager saying what a difficult year Kyle had had.

Hopefully, he''s turning things around at Norwich. His performance in this game is of the kind that really kicks players on.

A confident Lafferty can only be very good news for us.

Terrific performance from Lafferty - and the NI team.  Watched the whole match on replay and he made the first goal with an excellent pass, run then an accurate cross - and was there to bundle in the second goal.   A problem to the opposition the whole match with his running on and off the ball.  Very good. [:)]  

[quote user="lake district canary"]Terrific performance from Lafferty - and the NI team.  Watched the whole match on replay and he made the first goal with an excellent pass, run then an accurate cross - and was there to bundle in the second goal.   A problem to the opposition the whole match with his running on and off the ball.  Very good. [:)]  

[/quote]Indeed. Here''s Lafferty''s stats of the game -- as opposed to his counterpart''s (subbed after 45 mins), suggesting very good passing accuracy.

thanks spencer. Sums up lafferty for me; created the equaliser with a great driving run and quick feet - thats for me is his strength to us.

For the winner he was unconvincing, poorly timed run and eventually got the ball over the line some how - hopefully he can take some confidence and improve from here.

As far as the hungarian goal was concerned I would be disappointed if he ducked a corner like that for us - that cross was his and he should have cleared...

overall it shows that adams is using him the right way, and attacking midfielder at his best running at the opposition, the rest shows he is not a target man or one who will score regularly.