Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Pilks

Love him or hate him this week ? For me he had precious few good games, Man U for one, but little else. That means he''ll probably score a belter.

He was exceptional nearly ever game he played in his first season with us, then for whatever reason he had precious few decent games with us under Hughton, I won''t claim to know why but I''d speculate he didn''t get on at all with the management, being told he wasn''t good enough for the Prem, asked to retreat and defend all game p155ed him off and he has been angling for a move for a while and just plainly couldn''t be arsed to put a shift in for the most part unless he was playing against a CL team

If I''m at the gym or in the middle of an exercise schedule and I just can''t be arsed I often find myself picking up little injuries. I suspect a lot of injury prone players like Pilks who pick up a lot of minor unrelated niggles find themselves in such a situation because they''re heart''s just not in it. If Cardiff stay down (Which I suspect they will) I expect him to be out for the majority of the next season as well

If Pilkington was still the same player who joined Norwich and then performed with such distinction during 2011/2012, then I have absolutely no doubt that he would still be at the club. In fact he''d probably be at a bigger club as his performances were allegedly exciting some of the big boys at the time - 8 goals from a wide player is some going.

Unfortunately, that clearly hasn''t been the case for a while. Whether it be down to attitude, fitness or other reasons he simply hasn''t strung that many games together for some time now. I don''t know how true it is but there are indications that he can only allegedly train 2 days a week. So I don''t think we''ll ever know for certain where he was ''fit'' to face Wolves or not on the opening weekend.

When he has got on the park his performances have been largely indifferent. I think the last two decent contributions I can recall from him were Chelsea (h) back in October 2013 and Man City (a) in May 2013.

If Pilkington recaptures the form and fitness of 2011/12 then there is no getting away from it. The reported £1.5 million Cardiff paid for him will look hilariously cheap. However, I think we''ve got to trust Adams on this one. The astute business he has carried out so far I think means that that trust is fully warranted.