Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Wal

England tonight

Difficult question!

Hodgson''s perhaps, because individual players have more talent, but still pass in a slow and ponderous way. He has two rapid wingers who are ill-supplied and not encouraged to get past the fullbacks.

Houghton would have ruined Rooney and Sterling by playing them out of position or burdening them with defensive duties and he''d have fined the full backs for crossing the half way line.

Mind, Hudgson don''t pick Fox or Becchio either.

On the evidence of last night, England looked pretty good. Swizerland are a very good side and we did well. Hodgsons England is way better than Hughtons Norwich. I do agree the Norway friendly was boring in every aspect although we won so can''t argue there.

I think we might enjoy Euro 16 a bit more than we did the World Cup with players like Sterling, Sturridge, Delph and hopefully Stones to partner Cahill if we can get Walker fit and playing well. We looked a lot more energised with Delph and Henderson there last night compared to the old bumbling legs of Gerrard and Lampard. If Wilshere could find his identity on the pitch he could become a useful player but i''m still waiting for him to deliver on that promise.