Sign in to follow this  
Mr Angry

Celtic

Justice. Though it''s shocking to see just how far Scottish football has fallen in recent years.It''s no coincidence that the Scottish game has gone hugely downhill since Neil Doncaster started being given senior positions up there. Not that i''m putting all the blame on him.

[quote user="percy varco"]Searching for player irregularities as we speak! Anyone still think they should be parachuted straight into the Prem?[/quote]

no.. and why should they? if they want to play in the english league they should be put right at the bottom, Northern Alliance League, and made to work their way up like everybody else....

estimate it will take 20 years...

althoug money talks...as soon as they get relegated (and they will) they''d cry off back to Scotland... in the mean time an Aberdeen or Motherwell SPL league win could shift things with champions league qualification

Yep, once they get independence-and the "Say No" campaign seems to be the "Say Yes" campaigns biggest weapon-both their and Rangers annual application-cum-demand to play in the Premier League here will be dead and buried forever.

Which does make you wonder what might happen to Berwick Rangers as and when Scotland becomes an independent country.

Knowing the way the authorities work here, they''d probably be slotted into the Southern Premier League.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Yep, once they get independence-and the "Say No" campaign seems to be the "Say Yes" campaigns biggest weapon-both their and Rangers annual application-cum-demand to play in the Premier League here will be dead and buried forever.

Which does make you wonder what might happen to Berwick Rangers as and when Scotland becomes an independent country.

Knowing the way the authorities work here, they''d probably be slotted into the Southern Premier League.[/quote]

Ah yes.  Berwick Rangers.  All they have to do is to hold a referendum in Berwick, declare themselves a seperate country, then they can join who they want.   If Scotland can do it as part of the uk, anyone can do it.    Except Scotland don''t want independence - they want to give up what they don''t want of the uk,  but keep what they do want.  Its called "having your cake and eat it".   

this '' independance''  from the Champions League will hit our porridge guzzling friends rather hard, money wiseand does bring into question the quality of football up there

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Yep, once they get independence-and the "Say No" campaign seems to be the "Say Yes" campaigns biggest weapon-both their and Rangers annual application-cum-demand to play in the Premier League here will be dead and buried forever. Which does make you wonder what might happen to Berwick Rangers as and when Scotland becomes an independent country. Knowing the way the authorities work here, they''d probably be slotted into the Southern Premier League.[/quote]

Berwick were an ENGLISH league club before they were Scottish, playing in a northumberland league until 1951.... English football could be a bridge too far for them with travelling...

My word.... interesting and unnecessary anti Scottish/Celtic resentment on here... no idea why, given City has had far more significantly positive relations with the place (and the club) than negatives.

Some people just like hating I suppose

[quote user="GenerationA47"]

My word.... interesting and unnecessary anti Scottish/Celtic resentment on here... no idea why, given City has had far more significantly positive relations with the place (and the club) than negatives.

[/quote]

Not hating .....just posing a question and debating the subject. Its what forums are for is ''t it?

[/quote]

or some folk just like using vacuous cliches

[/quote]

The Scots probably have a slant on that one......

Percy varco - sorry but i wasn''t addressing your post. Why did you think I was? Your question is a perfectly reasonable debate.

City1st - this guy must have confused my words with somebody else'' s or possibly something else altogether in his head. "some people just like hating" is not a cliche and rather than being vacuous, it expresses a genuine view about some of the posters'' intentions. Another example of this type of phrase: "certain people just like combining facetiousness with arrogance online". Take it or leave it, it''s not a vacuous cliche but an observation of a phenomenon laid out before us.

And Smith must score - that can be so true! A vocal minority of them, anyway... often born of a national resentment/victim complex. I do wonder where their English equivalents (as members of the majority/historical ''oppressor'' group) get their own hatred and scorn towards external/minority groups. Perhaps typically from a sense of resentment about their own life which is transferred outwards.

"some people just like hating" is not a cliche and rather than being

vacuous, it expresses a genuine view about some of the posters''

intentions.oh dearwhy not actually point to some of this ''hating''* in the thread before your post, rather than hiding behind some more idiotic twaddle

"a phenomenon laid out before us."

Well done for using vacuous twice. It tends to demonstrate a greater vocabulary when writing a very intellectual post.

What university are you studying at?

No Celtic resentment from me, I just think that Legia Warsaw were desperately unlucky to be kicked out of the Champions League for playing someone who was ineligible, for the last few minutes of a game in which they had already destroyed Celtic. The punishment they received was disproportionate to the offence in my opinion.

Pineapple soda - pop psychology? Well, yes I am of the ''pop'' and when I choose to post my thoughts that touch on psychology will tend not to give references, use academic language,, etc.

City 1st - I do bow to this kooky character''s superior and intimate knowledge of how to spout idiotic twaddle. Shame he can''t stick to what he is best at, I.e. attacking scummers. His repeated misfiring attempts to ridicule his own club''s supporters for deviating from his own orthodoxy of opinion or style get a bit embarrassing!

IS - if you find my post very intellectual, god bless you and who am I to judge. I graduated in a science subject over a decade ago so should feel flattered by the attention to my pop psychological musings. Personally I don''t really care what others'' backgrounds

are, just find it nteresting why they say certain things.

Such as why 5-6 folk have cackhandedly tried to criticise the

style of my post since they appear not to be able to criticise its content (I deliberately quoted the word ''vacuous'' twice as it was used against my post, as you will see if you briefly read the posts again- am I supposed now to make some derogatory comment about your supposed life stage or level of

educational achievement/interest?)

Given that Berwick are affiliated to the Scottish FA would independence have that much effect on them?, or do people think they will have to go through passport control/immigration twice every match they play. I am going to e-mail Alex Salmond and ask him for an answer to this question.......

[quote user="GenerationA47"]Pineapple soda - pop psychology? Well, yes I am of the ''pop'' and when I choose to post my thoughts that touch on psychology will tend not to give references, use academic language,, etc.

City 1st - I do bow to this kooky character''s superior and intimate knowledge of how to spout idiotic twaddle. Shame he can''t stick to what he is best at, I.e. attacking scummers. His repeated misfiring attempts to ridicule his own club''s supporters for deviating from his own orthodoxy of opinion or style get a bit embarrassing!

IS - if you find my post very intellectual, god bless you and who am I to judge. I graduated in a science subject over a decade ago so should feel flattered by the attention to my pop psychological musings. Personally I don''t really care what others'' backgrounds

are, just find it nteresting why they say certain things.

Such as why 5-6 folk have cackhandedly tried to criticise the

style of my post since they appear not to be able to criticise its content (I deliberately quoted the word ''vacuous'' twice as it was used against my post, as you will see if you briefly read the posts again- am I supposed now to make some derogatory comment about your supposed life stage or level of

educational achievement/interest?)[/quote]so no examples of this supposed ''hating''

quelle surprise(as the chinese might say)

Iam sorry but if you go on any Celtic forum the large majority of posters and know this doesn''t mean all there fans by any stretch of the imagination

HATE the English and blame us for pretty much anything to the extent it is racist

Neil Lennon called himself a british manager and he got death threats from celtic fans and a whole 100 page thread dedicated to it on one forum about how he was a traitor to the Irish

"Ice Cold Pineapple Soda"]Quelle surprise............as the Chinese might say. - City 1st

HAH!

This!

Iam sorry but if you go on any Celtic forum the large majority of posters and know this doesn''t mean all there fans by any stretch of the imagination

HATE the English and blame us for pretty much anything to the extent it is racist

Neil Lennon called himself a british manager and he got death threats from celtic fans and a whole 100 page thread dedicated to it on one forum about how he was a traitor to the Irish

Totally agree, but the more sensible ones will vote to actually stay in the union, but personally I would love for Hadrian''s Wall to be reconstructed!

To paraphrase Parliament, I refer the dishonourable mentalman* to the answer I gave earlier. I''m not bothered enough to quote posts which everyone can read, especially ones in the same bloody thread. There are plenty other examples of unwarranted anti Celtic/Scotland rants dotted around the archives. Go fetch.

As to what somebody above says about using obnoxious sectarianism as his guide for how to behave, are we blessed with brains ourselves or are we happy to let the worst of others dictate how we act?

But anyway... the suspiciously defensive/ hostile reactions of some above are most helpful for supporting my original theory, so cheers for your efforts.

*Fascinatingly, City1st could be related to a deranged army sergeant with PTSD (ooh, pop psychiatry!). The weaker spawn of a monster that you want permanently fighting equivalent maniacs abroad, because you''d rather not have him back home sh***ing on his doorstep (think battered ladies of the night, tortured pets, etc).

[quote user="Ron Manager"] personally I would love for Hadrian''s Wall to be reconstructed![/quote]

I am not prepared to move the border south from where it is now - so build a new on to enable border control if the ayes have it.

"I want a divorce but I demand we still have a join bank account. I''m also entitled to own my fair share and take profits from anything which starts off with the word British or United because it''s part of my heritage.

But forgetting all that, you can all sod off as I''m better on my own...without the rest of you"

Them Scots haven''t thought it through, have they? It''s like the school kid saying he''s going to run away from home but in this case, I hope it goes the distance. There is obvious hate now spawning over from this and many have burnt their bridges. They believe they are ferior but have one heck of a complex.

Cheerio and get your various things like currency, health care, border control, power, armed forces, policing, travel infrastructure, education and so on in order asap. It''s going to be one massive struggle for them when it happens.

Celtic? Pah. Even more isolated now.

My son-in-law is Scottish, but because he is an officer in the British Army with an English address he is not entitled to a vote. No Scot who is not resident can. So those most likely to vote no are denied the right to do so. Scottish democracy at its finest.

I like the Scots, generally speaking, but there is a braggart side to their nature. Every time I see Alex Salmond I think of Mr. MacLeod:

http://whitehall1212...eod-moment.html

Hubris, Ate, Nemesis ...