Sign in to follow this  
Rock The Boat

Freeloaders or not?

People who post on other forums i''m pretty sure hop over to the Pinkun for the articles from Archant journalists and news items about players, transfers, upcoming matches and games reports all of which they can get for free.

Now for sure there is nothing to stop them coming onto the Pinkun website but isn''t it a tad unreasonable perhaps unprincipalled that they post in other forums yetcome to the Pinkun for the freebies.

It''s a bit like people grazing the free samples at Waitrose then going to shop at Aldi

But the thing is, rarely do you find any news items in the Pinkun that havnt either originated from the message board or, that you can read elsewhere......it''s hardly the place to find real juicy information or breaking news about our club first, plus most of the articles are taken from one interview and split over several day''s. You even struggle to find the results let alone match reports of the Academy and youth teams.

Sorry to be so harsh to Archant, but I really do believe they have let things slip big time!

So, in answer to the thread subject.....I really dont think many will come over for a look....as the window is usually close to being empty :-(

When they can''t even enter the scores on the fixtures and results board in the time honoured format of "for" and "against" it doesn''t give you much confidence that there are many "football literate" people working behind the scenes.

Odd thread?I view loads of different sites for City news and details of past matches and players.Certainly never rely on just one site for information on any subject.Most people have the Newsnow site open with the Norwich City search on don''t they?

It just seems a waste of time, to me. The same things get posted by the same people who have nothing better to do than engage in the same conversation in 2 (or more) places at the same time.

That''s a lotta. Dimfa. (Super Troopers reference)

It''s a lot of work that turns a fun hobby into a chore and accomplishes nothing.

"Ice Cold Pineapple Soda"It just seems a waste of time, to me. The same things get posted by the same people who have nothing better to do than engage in the same conversation in 2 (or more) places at the same time.

That''s a lotta. Dimfa. (Super Troopers reference)

It''s a lot of work that turns a fun hobby into a chore and accomplishes nothing.

Read the Wiz thread and you will see why people wanted a new forum. 

Read the Wiz thread and you will see why so many people are over the moon that there is a new forum.He''s farked off over there and things are so much better since

I''m using both MBs at the moment.  The fact that Waveney isn''t on the other site is a major plus for me, and has either gone from this one or is posting less repetitive and tedious drivel on his latest ID making it less obvious who he is, which is almost as good as him having gone.

I was never bothered by Wiz because he''s basically the message board version of the fan on the terraces who really goes because he loves a good moan.  But as he''s not posting here and posting more sensibly there (for now at least) that''s a plus for me too.

so at the moment it''s win-win for me.

We''ll see how things go after our next defeat, mind.