Sign in to follow this  
Bill

City quiz

simple ideacorrect answer sets the next questionso...name the four keepers who have played for City and QPR

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]Robert Green , Chris Woods , Lee Camp, and .....I believe Graham Benstead never actually played for QPR, despite being at the club.[/quote]I stand corrected He made one first team appearance for QPR, away at West Bromwich Albion in the 3rd round of the F.A. Cup in January 1983. At QPR he also won an England Youth Cap before moving to Norwich City in 1985.

''...picks up baton''In our title winning season 09/10, four players with the christian name Michael played for uscan you name them ?

I can think of three. One of them has the same name as a type of flower.[W]

Ted MacDougall was another player like that we had.....

[quote user="City1st"]''...picks up baton''In our title winning season 09/10, four players with the christian name Michael played for uscan you name them ?

[/quote]Theoklitos, Nelson, Rose , SpillaneQ : How many Norwich managers also played for the club?

Good question!

I can come up with 10 if we include temporary managers also, but my memory of temps do not go back to prior the 80''s, so I''m sure there are far more out there!!

Ron Ashman

David Stringer

John Deehan

David Wiiliams (temp)

Martin O Neill

Gary Megson

Peter Grant

Bryan Gunn

Ian Butterworth (temp)

Neil Adams

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Six.[/quote]Miles outAdamsGunnGrantMegsonO''NeilDeehanStringerAshmanLowLochead

This is a good idea, and challenging if you don''t use google of course.

8 - Gunn, O''Neill, Adams, Stringer, Ashman, Williams, Deahan and Butterworth?

will need the question setter each time to confirm correct answersso is Ricardo correct or are their others ?

[quote user="City1st"]will need the question setter each time to confirm correct answersso is Ricardo correct or are their others ?

[/quote]Mine are all bona fide managers, temps don''t count they were never appointed as managers and were simply caretakers.

Actually there are a couple moreJames Bowman and Jimmy McEwan back in the 1900''s.Long before my time and I confess I had to look them up.

[quote user="ricardo"]Actually there are a couple moreJames Bowman and Jimmy McEwan back in the 1900''s.Long before my time and I confess I had to look them up.[/quote]

There''s a couple more from when you were a boy Rickyyyyyyyy.

Duggie Lochhead who scored the first ever goal at Carrow Road and Norman Lowe?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="ricardo"]Actually there are a couple moreJames Bowman and Jimmy McEwan back in the 1900''s.Long before my time and I confess I had to look them up.[/quote]

[/quote]Already mentioned them Nigel, and I''m pretty sure it''s Low and not Lowe.

My question/Who scored City''s 2000th, 3000th, 4000th and 5000th goals in League competition.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Already mentioned them Nigel, and I''m pretty sure it''s Low and not Lowe.

My question/Who scored City''s 2000th, 3000th, 4000th and 5000th goals in League competition.[/quote]

Just saw! That''ll teach me to read the thread properly[:$]

One of those goalscorers was Graham Paddon. Maybe 3000th? I think someone else got the others though...

You are correct Nigel, Paddon got the 3000th and someone else did indeed get the others.[;)]Clue 2000thSame surname as a young player who came up thru the ranks and was from a Norfolk coastal town.

blimey RicardoI''m not too sure if anyone would know those without looking upgive us a clue, like the last letter of each name ie N and O for Ken Foggo

Dale Gordon from Gorlestonbut who was ''flash'' Gordon from 1957 ?

weren''t that bloke done for exposing himself was it ?

[quote user="City1st"]Dale Gordon from Gorlestonbut who was ''flash'' Gordon from 1957 ?

weren''t that bloke done for exposing himself was it ?

[/quote]FFS It was Peter Gordon played 176 times for City in my early years 37 goals.

Easier clue 5000th goalPaul Moy loved him.