Sign in to follow this  
barclayboys

Would you take play off final right now?

It would be a great day out at wembly but we have been to one before and came back disappointed , I also feel we ought to be looking at one of the top two spots.

Or is it just being greedy, there are some strong teams in the league, and to reach the play off final would be a good achievement .

Would you take the play off final right now?

I''d love to go up via the playoffs but it''s a complete lottery at that stage, so i''d rather just try win the league. The day out if we went up would be absolutely incredible I have to say but faced with the theoretical decision i''d turn the offer down as I think we can win the league.

No. There will be a lot of twists and turns this year yes but it would be an absolute disaster of a season to finish 7th or lower.

No, not just yet.

The cream will begin to come to the top by the ending of this month and most of the top-six or so will be apparent by the New Year. Hopefully we will be amongst this elite, as I would not want to rely on a burst of form after the next window, even though we will probably have addressed any shortcomings at this time. We have the money.

We need to be in, or at least threatening, the automatics throughout. If not I, for one, would settle for a day at Wembley.  

As I see it the top 2 spots could be a bunfight between 10, maybe 12 clubs and be a right slog. The advantage of the play off is that it would be us or them, so I would take the final. With everyone fit we shouldn''t fear anyone and should have the tactical options to do well on the day. Plus I remember Cardiff 02 as being a fabulous day out, despite the disappointment of losing on pens. So while I''d obviously prefer automatic, with your theoretical question I''d go yes.

I would love a play-off final. ever since they rebuilt Wembly I''ve wanted to go, but I''m only going if Norwich are there or England are in a finals competition. I really hope one of those happen in my life time !

Would snap your hand off for it.

There are a lot of strong teams in the league this year so holding out for a top 2 spot would be foolish in my opinion. Cardiff and Derby alone will be hard to stay ahead of (not impossible of course, but both have very strong squads for the league and managers who are getting their teams playing well).

No, with the squad we have top 2 is really what should be expected.

That said I would love a wembley win in the playoff final.

We certainly ended the transfer window in a better place than I expected with the retention of key players, such as Hooper and Redmond, coupled with the moving on of RvW. So, we have the squad to achieve automatic promotion.

My view is that we don''t have the appropriate management, however, to deliver that top two outcome. And, on that basis that achieving a play-off place would represent a better level of performance that I anticipated before the season commenced from this management team (mid-table) in these circumstances this would represent ''success'' albeit non-optimal performance.

Automatic promotion by Easter otherwise sack the management, the board and bulldoze Carrow Road for subsidised housing for immigrants.

Of course we could just accept that what will be, will be.

No way, with the squad we now have I am expecting automatic promotion and anything less would be failure. If we aim for the play-off''s we will end up with nothing I feel.

I feel some of us are setting our sights a little bit high after a very encouraging start to the season.

We should be capable of automatic promotion with the squad we''ve got, but we all know it''s a funny old game and there''s a long, long way to go yet.

err, noI would take (and will) the next 40 odd games and enjoy them. My belief and hope is that we will actually win the title, we''ve done that before a few times. And that is what it is all about .. ..... the ups, the downs.So stop wringing your cap and being ''ever so umble'' and enjoy the season. Not just some end product of success ie would you take promotion, but no games to watch this season ?

No

That turnaround today away from home will prove to be a massive result for us this season. As Adams said, we can use that to motivate the players should we be in a similar position again.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]We certainly ended the transfer window in a better place than I expected with the retention of key players, such as Hooper and Redmond, coupled with the moving on of RvW. So, we have the squad to achieve automatic promotion.

My view is that we don''t have the appropriate management, however, to deliver that top two outcome. And, on that basis that achieving a play-off place would represent a better level of performance that I anticipated before the season commenced from this management team (mid-table) in these circumstances this would represent ''success'' albeit non-optimal performance.[/quote]

You really are boring in your negativity HC, you must have an inate dislike of NA to fail to accept the excellent job he is doing.