Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

No doubting Adams now

I think those of us who criticised Adams appointment have to hold our hands up. That 2nd half was special. Adams has proved himself to be a manager who can change games and isn''t afraid to make early subs if he feels it necessary. He''s got the players pressing, harassing the opposition, and working their socks off to the final whistle. The players actually seem to be enjoying their football. This is all so refreshing after 3 dire seasons of cautious Chris Hughton''s reign. Have to hold my hands up on Jerome aswell, never rated him but today he turned the game, great peformance. And we still have two top championship players in Howson and Hooper (hopefully) still to return. Feeling genuinely positive about NCFC for the first time in a long time.

Spot on.He took the game by the scruff of the neck when we all must have thought it was going to be nil points today.

Absolutely, he is an excellent manager.

His quality was there to see in the way he managed and developed the youth squad, another outstanding appoinment by Mr McNally and the NCFC Board.

Yes, I am slowly turning and a few more like that second half and I will be having his picture as my screen saver....BUT, we need less of what we saw first half, which was close to pathetic and also the similar lack of effort and imagination for most of the previous game,,,,,,but, yes even the biggest doubters like me must now be for turning even though we are so few games in to the season.

Totally agree. Under Hughton going two down in the first half away from home would have meant a backs to the wall damage limitation exercise. We''ve got a tactically aware manager who''s not afraid to keep on fighting and make the changes to turn results around. Brilliant result today.

Well chuffed for Neil Adams. He has started to prove that what he could do with the kids can replicated at this very high level. Credit also to another legend Gary Holt. Adams knew what he was doing when he persuaded Holty to give up the managerial post at Falkirk and come home.

Fair play. I put a post on here after the Wolves game and Pilks sale which some construed as me calling for his head. I wasn''t. I was however severely worried that we would see something of a mass exodus and that his lack of stature would count against us for the remainder of the transfer window both in terms of signing and retaining players. Pleasingly, that did not happen and he is continuing to show he is a quick learner and can influence games through his subs and tactics. Very, very pleased he has proven my concerns unfounded.

I hold my hands up...

I thought he was not the right man and the club had got it terribly wrong. How wrong I was - for the first time in 18 months or so I can''t wait for each game

It''s even better because he''s one of us and a fan. I was initially indifferent to his appointment I was willing to trust the boards judgement and see how it played out without any strong feelings one way or the other but I so wanted him to succeed.

Winning away is the key to going back up and is the difference between the autos and the play offs for us. We''re always strong at home, if we''re up for it those games will mostly take care of themselves. Every result away from home are the increments that bring us closer to promotion. 6 points from 3 games is well on course so far in that respect.

He''s got it wrong at times, just like Lambert used to get it wrong a lot but like Lambert he has the ability to realise this quickly and make changes to get us going, an inability to do this was Hughtons main fault.

Are some people really that thick to not realise that we have been relegated with all that means. Apparently not.if this message board is anything to go by the education system in the UK is appalling.

Yes, caution was a clear problem with our former manager, however what I think our results so far show is that either this league isn''t anywhere near as tough as some have suggested, or our squad is much better than the other teams (or both), so we need to factor that into the equation when judging managerial talent...

[quote user="T"]Are some people really that thick to not realise that we have been relegated with all that means. Apparently not.if this message board is anything to go by the education system in the UK is appalling.[/quote]

We''ve also lost a few players and there isn''t much difference at all in quality between the top of this league and the bottom of the Prem, anyone with half a brain can also see our general play is much better regardless of the opposition, we''re fitter and the players appear to give a sh!t again. Plus he''s had to pick us up and drag us out of a relegation hangover which he appears to have done very quickly. Also

Fulham, Wolves a couple of seasons back, us last time with Hucks, Green and Aston etc This is an extremely tough league, he''s doing very well so far!

[quote user="T"]Are some people really that thick to not realise that we have been relegated with all that means. Apparently not.if this message board is anything to go by the education system in the UK is appalling.[/quote]

Yes, exactly. What it means is that we now have a team again which is set up to attack and score goals; a manager who will not only try a plan b but a plan c as well; games we are winning, against teams we couldn''t beat last year. Which means this time next year we''ll be back in the money.

And.............it''s fun.

If that makes me thick then I''ll take it. I think it''s probably you though.......

The BIG area that Adams has over Lambert is that we know he''s not a journey-man. I think most of us knew that Lambert would probably have had 2-3 good premier League seasons with norwich to show-case his ability so as to move to Everton/Spurs etc. I think Adams has a greater connection with Norwich than an employment contract.

I''m not sure what point you are trying to make "with all that means". Does it also apply to Fulham?

anyone with half a brain - Darth Cardboard

I think I qualify to respond to this as I do have half a brain. Also, I''m not into health food, I am into champagne. Yes, hiring Adams looks like the right move. Now I''ll go enjoy a pina colada.

It was undoubtedly with some trepidation that I set off down the A11 for South Wales this morning with the Swansea debacle day still all too fresh in the mind. And, having been out thought and out played in the first half, my worst fears were beginning to be realised. But Adams changed things at half time. Jerome was simply outstanding and should start next week. Credit for that.

After enduring two away seasons under Hughton, it''s great not to see ''defend'' as the one and only strategy, regardless of opposition or context. Hopefully, our away attendances will begin to recover as there were relatively few of us today. Finally, someone should remind Cardiff that having a ''sit anywhere'' strategy - but with specific allocated seats on the ticket - just causes hassle for those arriving late or who had seats near the front which, understandably, they wished to occupy.

Early days and remember we saw similar in the 10 game unbeaten run under Hughton. Until we start playing the Norwich way with the football on the deck, then I remain to be convinced. It may take time to do this, but I don''t see any evidence that this is something we''re even aiming for.

oh dearpoor old Waveney has turned up this time as mr frottagean apt name if ever there was one

I don''t sheepishly follow the crowd like you do City1st. IIRC you started off as a Hughton supporter, despite the crap ''football'' and his poor previous record. You only turned when your position became an embarrassment.

oh dear City 1st

I fail to see how sexual rubbing, or non-penetrative sex, can in any way be described as an apt usename for anybody on this site.

I think perhaps that in attempting to show how clever you are, you have instead shown how stupid you are.

oh dear

BTW

STFU