Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

That's why we signed Jerome!

Amen.

I''m sure people will start digging up old threads where certain people slate specific players like Jerome before they even play just to remind them of their follies

He causes problems for premiership defenders let along championship ones. The problem for him is that premiership teams like playing one up front and he is just not prolific enough for that.

Although I fully expect him to hit double figure (10-15 goals) this year, but his main job will be holding up the ball to brings others in to play. As we saw yesterday he is very effective at this.

It would be great if he was a prolific goal scorer, but then he would not be here!

Jerome is an excellent signing for us.....He will be a valuable asset in our season long battle to gain automatic promotion back to the Premiership.

He was very much a surprise signing as far I was concerned - almost a ''what do we need hiom for'' kind of reaction.However if there is still anyone in any doubt about the club''s determination to bulldoze their way straight back into the PL then that signing and yesterdays game should have removed any doubts. We were very robust to say the least - and time and time again Cardiff players complained of being ''kicked'' or caught in tackles. Lafferty was taken off because he had done as much as possible to ''rough things up'' - and then on comes Jerome, a player in the mould of Holt as far as giving the opposition no time on the ball.His goal was well taken and after two season under Hhughton I expected him to miss it. But no, a very well taken finish. And that was pretty much how the second half was. Adams appeared to have told them at half time that "I know that you can beat any team, but you have to do it - now get out and do it".The possession was almost similiar to the game against the Italien ''pub team''. City players moving the ball about looking to set up a goal and patiently collecting the ball at the halfway line and starting again whenever Cardiff cleared their lines.Another memorable season beckons.