Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Jerome for Lafferty

I think it will depend on the opposition, also lets not forget its very different starting a game after having a tiring international week compared to coming on fresh against players with tired legs...two great options though!

Don''t think Lafferty looks comfortable playing so wide though, surely he needs to be playing in the centre?

the main lesson to come out of today is that we MUST play with two up front, whether it be Lafferty or Jerome.

anyone that saw Lafferty''s performace for N.Ireland at Hungary wouldnt even think about playing him anywhere but through the middle.

If it means that perhaps Hoolahan has to start slightly left and drift inside, then so be it.

We all have opinions but Adams has the job and we have to respect his judgement.It''s head that''s on the line every game.

------------------Ruddy----------------

Martin--Bennett--Turner--Olsson

------Ofoe--Tettey--Howson-------

-----Jerome--------Grabban-------

--------------Hooper------------------

I wonder

I don''t think you can simply pick an eleven based on who you think is the ''best'' - much will depend on the opposition and who they have, and what weaknesses they are seen to have.Clearly today was to use a cliche, a game of two halves. Adams adjusted the play and at times in the second half City had so much possession - and were almost strolling about waiting to create the chance just as they did against the Italien pub side.Today is wa about waiting for the opportunity to get behind them to score, where against Watford and Balckburn it was far pacier and about ''shoot on sight''.As others have said we have a very strong squad and will be able to not only mix it up, but cover when the suspensions and injuries begin to bite,Very impressed with Jerome today. Worked hard, harried their players and took his goal well.

Top by October ?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]------------------Ruddy----------------

Martin--Bennett--Turner--Olsson

------Ofoe--Tettey--Howson-------

-----Jerome--------Grabban-------

--------------Hooper------------------

I wonder[/quote]

quality in that team is scary. id still like to fit redmond in.......

back to point...jerome has to start. we have depth in position and as well as lafferty has done jerome stole the show. give him a few games and if he fails bring on lafferty. choice is a blessing not a problem

I suggested earlier that the combined pace of Jerome and Redmond has the potential of tearing defenses apart, so I would not mind seeing more of that. Of Jerome and Lafferty Jerome looks sharper and more comfortable on the wing, so while I rate Lafferty, Jerome would be my pick.

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"][quote user="City1st"]

Top by October ?

[/quote]
Top tomorrow! [;)]
[/quote]

Reach the top at 4pm on Feb 28th more like.

Just as a response to a poster in here saying we must play two up front. If we play two up front, Wes must be dropped. playing him on the left is not an option.

442 all the waywhen fit id play                   ruddy  martin bennett turner garridoredmond howson johnson olsson          hooper   grabban

splutcho wrote the following post at 14/09/2014 10:16 AM:

Just as a response to a poster in here saying we must play two up front. If we play two up front, Wes must be dropped. playing him on the left is not an option.

--------------------

There''s no "must" if we play two up top. There''s a few ways which we could play two up top with Wes just behind and still be effective.

I was told in no uncertain terms on another thread that we would get murdered if we did that Mrs M. Albeit I think you were agreeing with me.

That is despite it being a successful tactic formation last time we were in the championship. Yes we will probably concede a few more, but we have the potential to score many more than we concede. We are no longer trying to nick 1 - 0 wins!

[quote user="mrs miggins"]splutcho wrote the following post at 14/09/2014 10:16 AM:

--------------------

There''s no "must" if we play two up top. There''s a few ways which we could play two up top with Wes just behind and still be effective.[/quote]

so what did we do in the second half yesterday then ?!?!?!?

As I saw it Jerome came on for Lafferty but it was as part of a formation change, not a straight swap.Not sure where or what Lafferty`s role or position is in the team, dont think he knows either. Looks to need to have a more central role, possibly the one Wes has at the moment.It appeared to me that we played the second half without a left winger with BJ withdrawing slightly and everything being fed down the right where we held the width. and allowing Tettey to become more involved offensively. Thought Redmond used the ball well with Martin creating space and options for him whereas Whittaker tends to close options down.

I know we can''t complain about Grabvan or anyone, but for me if we moved to a 4-4-2 witb Laffs & Jerome up top it we would be a handfull to any team......that said Grabban & Hooper combo in this division is also a scary scenario.....great to have such options.

Two up front failed against wolves so we have to be more flexible than that.

Ditto Lafferty, for me he was one of the better players in the first half sat, doing well out wide. Grabban was poor, as were most of the midfield, he was sacrificed to go two up front.

He was not moved up front as he is a tall wide man, not a goal scoring target man.

Not sure which formation will best beat Brentford, but Jerome has done what we want from a sub, changed the game and given the manager a headache!

Personally, I would stick with the same starting 11