Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Redmond - Can people get off his back now?

I''ve consistently defended Redmond on here. So many people wanted us to sell him in the end it was beggard belief and made me think we had a fanbase who didn''t recognise talent nor wanted us to develop and nurture potential talent.

Thankfully Adams & Co thought otherwise and the second half performance today was a perfect example of why Premier League clubs were after him. He was much better disciplined but when he had the chance he took on the full back - he brought us up the pitch fantastically and his cross for Jerome was absolutely spot on.

An exciting, pacey and talented winger who is, i''m afraid for some who don''t like to hear it - considerably further in his development than Josh Murphy (who I also think can be a very good Premier League winger in the future if things go his way)

Maturity finally showing in his game if today is anything to go by. Long overdue but all the more welcome for that.

Yes, a good performance, and for the second match running he has created a very important goal for us with a RIGHT foot cross from the RIGHT wing.

Hopefully the manager will encourage more of this.

The manager will have been working hard with him Yellow I''m confident of that.

The pleasure will be in watching his development as a player unfold before our eyes.

if he warrants criticism ,he''ll be criticised ....if he deserves praise ,like today, he''ll be praised.

regardless of his age, we''ve now got a strong enough squad to not be carrying any passengers who may be out of form.

There is a distinction between out of form passengers and developing young players

One of the great opportunities of the Adams era is to see young talented footballers develop in our squad and team. It''s not to be discarded.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]......not when there''s a promotion to be won[/quote]

That''s exactly the attitude which would prevent any top young players playing for top teams in top competitions - and backs up completely what i was saying in my OP.

Just because you''re going for a title, promotion, cup or whatever - doesn''t mean you can''t play a developing young player. Your logic is so deeply flawed i''m not sure where to begin.

Ricardo - long overdue? Is it really? Look at his age?! He''s played a good number of games i''ll give you that - but most wingers with the natural pace and flair that he has often take longer to develop discipline in delivery and decisions - naturally the quicker you are the harder it is to get these things right.

I could give several examples but I think Walcott is quite a good one.

the sole aim of the club this season has to be promotion , as blunt as it may sound, we really do have to be as blinkered as that , as this first season is our best chance.

we have a senior playing staff of 30 players...and again as harsh as it sounds, regardless of peoples age, we have the numbers to be able to make changes if players are out of form. Redmond in that regard must be treated the same as everyone else and I''m sure he''d want to be too.

But that''s hard to judge GJL because in my opinion - Redmond is one of those players particularly at his age who will blow and cold even within one game - Hoolahan is an older example of the same.

I looked on my twitter feed at half time. Drop Hoolahan, get him out, he''s useless. There''s several quotes for you.

Look what he done for us in the second half.

Of course, if a players been terrible game on game then it''s a problem but i don''t think Redmond has been and some of the criticism has been overly-harsh on him.

Obviously Adams and Co see it the same way I do as he''s been a constant figure in our team since he first took over.

[quote user="hogesar"]But that''s hard to judge GJL because in my opinion - Redmond is one of those players particularly at his age who will blow and cold even within one game - Hoolahan is an older example of the same.

I looked on my twitter feed at half time. Drop Hoolahan, get him out, he''s useless. There''s several quotes for you.

Look what he done for us in the second half.

Of course, if a players been terrible game on game then it''s a problem but i don''t think Redmond has been and some of the criticism has been overly-harsh on him.

Obviously Adams and Co see it the same way I do as he''s been a constant figure in our team since he first took over.[/quote]Yes, those sort of players do blow hot and cold even within one game. I''ve lost count of the number of times that I''ve reported how Wes was his usual mixture of the ridiculous and the sublime. The key difference between him and Redmond at the moment is that when he is at his most sublime there is more often than not an end product and we haven''t seen that from Redmond until recently. We all hoped that it would come with maturity but almost the whole of last season we saw a very talented player frustrating the hell out of us because he consistently made the wrong decisions and there was no absolutely no end product for himself or the team.It''s been a long time coming and no doubt there will be occasions when it doesn''t come off for him but in the last few games we''ve seen a blossoming maturity. I have seen many young players who have had a lot of promise but not all of them were able to convert that into reality on the pitch.

I think one of the handicaps Redmond suffered was one of expectation after the goal against S''oton. From there on in was a case of ''have another shot'' - with the results all too often being that of a drunk at a fairground rifle range, everything blasted bar the row of ducks.Unfortunately Hughton''s bizarre ''zonal'' cr ap meant that all too often Redmonds erratic shooting and crossing was a result of there being no one close at hand to take advantage of good work. What the last few games have shown is that Adams is setting out the play according to the opposition, and I would guess their weaknesses. Watford and Bblackburn we saw shots a ''plenty and tactic of chippong the keeper. Whereas yesterday it was a case of getting the ball behind the back four.I suspect that Redmond will adapt and continue to cause defenses to be dragged all over the place as was the intent yesterday. This will require a few runs that look to end with nothing, rather as a warning shot over the bows does, but it has the right effect.

He needs to add a bit of nous to his forward play or he''ll end up one dimensional by always trying to cross or shoot. Still young and criticism is maybe harsh if the team isn''t aiming to play the ball on the floor.