Sign in to follow this  
NorwichRat

Expectations

At the start of the season my expecations or this year was minimum top 6 but top two should be possible. That has not changed.

In this league we are a top sixe side with finances and a setup that others, oncluding some PL sides, can only dream of. We are performing as we should and are in a position that is expected.

My worry is next year. Some peole are saying that we have a PL side! These people are in cloud cocjoo land! We have a side capable of winning this league but in the PL, even with a few added players, we are going to be a bottom six club and very likely to drop down within a year or three.

Our years in the PL were very much as expected. Can we fans stay united this time? Whatever happens, and relagation will!

Agree with OP. Unfortunately if we get promoted experience has shown there are too many people not intelligent or educated enough to grasp the reality and too many people who are simply unpleasant and malicious for fans to be united.

Yes, if we go up this year it is likely we''ll go down within the next 3 and a 90% certainty we''ll go back down within 10, of course it won''t last forever and fans will have to manage their expectations but as you''ve brought up fans attitudes the last two years I''ll repeat for probably the millionth time...

!! It was the consistently poor performances, lack of fight, effort, effective game plans, complacency from the board and a management team out of their depth that caused us to get relegated and is what turned the atmosphere poisonous. The fans turned because it could have been avoided so easily, we didn''t go down because we''re called Norwich, only have a 26k stadium, a relatively small budget or any factor that could be attributed to the size of our club.

We wouldn''t have turned if the players went down but we had actually shown some real fight and if the management team weren''t so damn stubborn and tactically naive. If next time we go up, the year we go down is just down to our lack of player quality (Caused by our small budget and lack of pull for top class players) then fair enough, the fans will still be behind the team, what fans will never tolerate is a lack of effort, direction and stubborn complacency, which is what the club served up last year.

We''re as good a set of supporters as any when the going gets tough so I don''t think the OP was necessary and I''m certain no other team in that league would have stuck with Hughton (Or at least never called for his removal) for as long as we did, at any other club he would have gone after the terrible post christmas run in the first year