Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Louis Thompson

Thought I''d have a look to see how our signing fared for Swindon yesterday. He apparently had a good game after being pressured into scoring an own goal early on.  

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/

There''s not been much said about this since the deal went through. It''s an interesting situation and champs teams, especially the binners, must be aghast at the thought of us spending what''s believed to be over £600,000 on a player and then loaning them back for the whole season, whilst they make do and mend with freebies and loans.

NN....There''s not been much said about this since the deal went through. It''s an interesting situation and champs teams, especially the binners, must be aghast at the thought of us spending what''s believed to be over £600,000 on a player and then loaning them back for the whole season, whilst they make do and mend with freebies and loans.

One of my oldest friends and on/off workmate is a Binner and i was rubbing his nose in it on this very subject on friday. He cant believe we are up to such chelski/manure type shenanagins.

This type of deal is a very positive indicator of the state of the Club, like a successful gambler having a sidebet.....if it comes good then happy days, if not, then hey, we''lll probably get our money back.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Thought I''d have a look to see how our signing fared for Swindon yesterday. He apparently had a good game after being pressured into scoring an own goal early on.  

There''s not been much said about this since the deal went through. It''s an interesting situation and champs teams, especially the binners, must be aghast at the thought of us spending what''s believed to be over £600,000 on a player and then loaning them back for the whole season, whilst they make do and mend with freebies and loans.

[/quote]you forget, youg master nutty that the binners have all those millions to spend from the sale of Cresswell

just as soon as dear old Marcus can remember where he put them

.....was it Bermuda, Lichenstein, the Cayman isles ?

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]you forget, youg master nutty that the binners have all those millions to spend from the sale of Cresswell

just as soon as dear old Marcus can remember where he put them

.....was it Bermuda, Lichenstein, the Cayman isles ?

[/quote]Not many Binners waving £20 notes these days.You''d need a heart of stone not laugh[:)]

I actually think Mings and Mcgoldrick are decent players. But with how poor the rest of the team is having them there will do nothing to drag them out of perpetual lower mid table mediocrity.

The saddest (funniest) part is though is knowing that whenever they uncover decent players like this, they will be sold and they won''t ever see 10% of the money put back into the team.

They have absolutely nothing to look forward to or be optimistic about at that club. If they''re ever going to recover they''ll have to start again either by dropping out of the league or forming a new club. They just owe too much to Evans and they''ll never reach the PL with him in charge and nobody will buy them at what Evans will ask. The days of lower mid table obscurity will be seen as ''the days'' in a decade after they''ve done a Luton.

I wouldn''t care but after what they pulled when they went into admin and the note waving fu(k ''em! Couldn''t have happened to a more deserving club!