Sign in to follow this  
he

Good signs

There is a lot of good signs after the game against Cardiff. We have the ability to score goals, to make comeback after being two goals down, David Marshall is at last well beaten.. and good to see that Anthony Pilkington didn''t do his job when he lost his marker and Martin Olsson scored. So maybe Neil Adams was absolutely right about leaving him out of the team because he is not good enough any more and therefore was down the pecking order..

It really is lovely to see that Neil Adams has got the ability to make substitutions so the game changes completely after the slow start in the first half. Alex Tettey said the manager and his two assistants were eruptive in the dressing room after the first half. Good to see reaction from the players and that the substitute Cameron Jerome come in to really make an impact.

The first half was dissappointing, but the at least the conclusion so far is that our manager Neil Adams has done a lot of good decisions with the team. If he can make the players on their toes and up for it I think the biggest rival this season is the players themselves. There is a lot of good players in the squad. I actually think the team now seem better than last season.

Agree, another test of NA''s credentials to be a manager at this level. The real test is when things are going badly and you have to think on your feet. To do this and have the team respond from being 2-0 down and come away with 2-4 is immense in terms of his authority with the squad. The majority of players have bought in to his ideas now they can also trust him to do the right thing. Brilliant. ps i watched the game on wiziwig. No commentary, some bizarre shots of solitary corners flags but otherwise good.

H