Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Wal

Premiership fixtures

Just how are these fixtures compiled?

Remembering our horrific run-in last season .... Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal ....... would you think that was possibly designed to do us no good whatsoever?

Then one of the ''big boys'' goes through a transitional period, for the first time in many seasons has problems, a change of manager, a change of personnel, and needs a reasonable start to the season.

Manchester United''s first six fixtures ..... Swansea, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester and West Ham.

Are the Premiership fixtures really ''random'' or is it a case of the Premiership doing everything it can to get what it wants?

At the end of the day you play each team once away from home and once at home per season. When you play them shouldn''t really matter.

I noticed that as soon as the fixtures came out, it''s clear that when Scudamore said that it was bad for the Premiership to have Man Utd doing poorly, he wasn''t going to allow it to continue. 

I think if you go back 12 months Moyes was whinging about their difficult fixtures at the start of last season.No doubt the Premiership would have taken this onboard & given them an easy start (on paper) this season. What makes me laugh is all the hype about Manure this morning just because they''ve beaten probably the worst team in the League 4 nil at home.

[quote user="Making Plans"]I think if you go back 12 months Moyes was whinging about their difficult fixtures at the start of last season.No doubt the Premiership would have taken this onboard & given them an easy start (on paper) this season. What makes me laugh is all the hype about Manure this morning just because they''ve beaten probably the worst team in the League 4 nil at home.[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking on all of your points MP.

The premier league has made no secret of the fact that it will enhance the chances of the teams that pull in the money .

No conspiracy theory ,, just the facts in a world that revolves around finance .

Er, then why did the PL allow the ''tough'' start that Man U faced last season then?

And I still don''t get why the harder games suddenly become more winnable if they are played at a different time in the season.

[quizzical expression of pure befuddlement[