Sign in to follow this  
bluebirds_forum

Cardiff fan in peace!

Hi guys, with the game coming up on Saturday ( i hate a fortnight without football!) i''m really looking forward to this game. We''ve been asking opposition fans some questions before every game this season, with some really good replies. I like to get to know a little bit more about each team we play and see things from their point of view. With this in mind, if you could take the time to answer i would be grateful.

1. What are your thoughts on manager Neil Adams, and have they changed at all since he was appointed? What do you see as his strengths and weaknesses and do you believe he is the man to take you back to the Premier League? 2.You appear to have spent quite a bit of money this season, bringing in quite a few centre backs.  How happy are you with your transfer activity, and do you expect to see anyone come in on loan?3. Lewis Grabban has got off to a flyer this season, Cardiff had a bid accepted for him before he moved to you, it sounds obvious considering he''s scored 5 goals, but how happy are you with his overall performance, and do you think he''s better suited to a lone role or playing alongside someone (possibly Jerome?)4. Has Bradley Johnsons importance to your team increased somewhat with Snodgrass leaving? is he the first name on your team sheet or do you think the likes of Howson and O''Neill will eventually be preferred? 5. We recently signed Pilkington from you, putting his injury issues aside for a second, just how good a player is he? we have craig noone back (hopefully for Saturday, if not then the next game) and i cannot see us playing 2 out and out wingers. Would you have preferred to keep him? or was he only good in short bursts? 6. You have a lot of well known names in your squad, but who are the up-and-comers that we wouldnt have heard of? You won the Youth Cup in 2013, who from that side is going to be a future star?7. What are your opinions or Cardiff? as a club, players, fans, manager etc. and if you could have one of our players in your side, who would you pick and why?8. what is your predicted starting line up for the game, and what do you think the score will be?

Thanks for anyone who takes the time to answer, our match thread should be up and running tomorrow, so anyone whos interested can see what we are saying about yourself and the game.

I will answer your question on Pilkington........ you will get divided opinion on him but what sealed my thoughts on him when he was sold to you is that I was present when our CEO told a group of fans after our home game against Watford  that last season he suffered six different injuries and missed a total of 119 days training.

You will get some match winning performances if you keep him fit but that will be your big problem.

[quote user="lake district canary"]The last two times we played Cardiff we were a defensive set up with a cautious manager and only had  58 chances in the two matches.   We are now an attacking team....................

[/quote]Excellent

1. Adams is becoming what some of us hoped - a thinking manager, and others doubted, but it''s early days.

2. Very happy with signings - for present and future and providing good cover everywhere.

3) Grabban puts in a real shift and works hard. Whether he can maintain his goal-scoring, time will tell.

4) Bradley Johnson''s game has improved in most respects.

5) At his best, a year or two ago, Pilks was very good in the Premiership, but than became rather injury-prone.

6) - see answer to 2. We signed two young but very promising players in the window, and with several home-grown coming through, .....

7) I know very little about Cardiff, apart from the keeper, Whitingham and Caulker. Has the last gone?

8) Can''t even predict the line-up. There could be up to three or four new signings, there could be none. There now seems much more competition for team places, and one of the problems is to keep all the squad happy.

1. What are your thoughts on manager Neil Adams, and have they changed at all since he was appointed? What do you see as his strengths and weaknesses and do you believe he is the man to take you back to the Premier League?

Adams looks at home in the job now and the poisonous crowd atmosphere has gone. We''re now firing on all cylinders and have a lot more first teamers and new buys still to cater for. All positive so far, I can''t look past promotion.

2.You appear to have spent quite a bit of money this season, bringing in quite a few centre backs. How happy are you with your transfer activity, and do you expect to see anyone come in on loan?

Near perfect transfer window. I was only bothered about Fer leaving and we seem to have replaced him with someone better than I could have imagined we''d have attracted back in the championship. I think we''re better without Snodgrass despite his efforts. We have a far more dynamic front line now and it looks to be paying dividends already.

3. Lewis Grabban has got off to a flyer this season, Cardiff had a bid accepted for him before he moved to you, it sounds obvious considering he''s scored 5 goals, but how happy are you with his overall performance, and do you think he''s better suited to a lone role or playing alongside someone (possibly Jerome?)

His goals may not have been pretty sometimes but that for me is what makes him stand out. He''s just got that instinct to score no matter what. That seemed to desert RvW last season. Lafferty currently plays up top with him sort of disguised as a right winger. I think Jerome is the alternative there. We have Hooper as well to come back. Adams has a job on keeping them all happy and scoring.

4. Has Bradley Johnsons importance to your team increased somewhat with Snodgrass leaving? is he the first name on your team sheet or do you think the likes of Howson and O''Neill will eventually be preferred?

If everyone was fit, he wouldn''t be in my 11 but you can''t fault his effort. He looks twice the player at this level but I wonder with Odjida Ofoe and Howson to come in whether Johnson will keep his place. Tettey is the better player but has fitness worries.

5. We recently signed Pilkington from you, putting his injury issues aside for a second, just how good a player is he? we have craig noone back (hopefully for Saturday, if not then the next game) and i cannot see us playing 2 out and out wingers. Would you have preferred to keep him? or was he only good in short bursts?

Shame really because for a spell he really looked like kicking on and becoming a great for us. Liverpool were monitoring him at one stage. Injuries aside he''d have been useful but there you have the key to his problem, constant niggling injuries made it hard for him to find consistency with us. Very useful two footed player to have in the team

6. You have a lot of well known names in your squad, but who are the up-and-comers that we wouldn''t have heard of? You won the Youth Cup in 2013, who from that side is going to be a future star?

The obvious one is Josh Murphy who is pushing Redmond for a spot in the side and isn''t far off. As well as him we have Rudd, a very promising goalkeeper only kept out because we kept Ruddy somehow. Furthermore, we have Loza, a full Jamaica international, Josh''s twin Jacob who is potentially equally as good and actually has more league football experience. Others are Carlton Morris, a Stan Collymore like target man on loan to Oxford, Cam McGeechan, Gaifiti, McGrandles the new million pound teenager we got to push Hoolahan for a place further, Miquel a Spain under 21CB and Callan-McFadden. Our youth academy is the best it''s ever been at the moment. Hopefully some of them push on as they should.

7. What are your opinions or Cardiff? as a club, players, fans, manager etc. and if you could have one of our players in your side, who would you pick and why?

Not too keen to be honest, from the owner at the top and down. I liked Malky before but am not so sure now, remember he is highly acclaimed here for his playing exploits. I see you as our main rivals for top spot this year. As for picking a player from you, most of your good ones have gone but from the players you have left, that new CB Manga looks a good buy and Adeyemi should never have been released by us.

8. what is your predicted starting line up for the game, and what do you think the score will be?

Tough to call with the new buys and injuries returning, but I think it''ll be as unchanged as possible apart from Olsson coming back in so:

Ruddy

Whittaker

Martin

Turner

Olsson

Tettey

Johnson

Redmond

Hoolahan

Lafferty

Grabban

Players who will be pushing would be:

Garrido - done well since Olsson was suspended/away

Hooiveld - new towering defender who destroyed the championship with Southampton last time he was here

Vadis Odjida Ofoe - new £4m man to replace Fer. Established Belgium international and only 25 years old.

Josh Murphy - MOTM in the cup and arguably more effective than Redmond has been this season.

Howson - our classiest midfielder but has been injured

Jerome - you know all about what he brings...

Hooper - easily our most reputable striker but as with Howson, he''s been injured, he''d be straight back in the line up by default but Grabban has been far too good to drop.

It''ll be tough to leave at least one of them lot out of the squad completely.

1-Neil''s had a great start to the season (apart from the first game where we were terrible), he seems to be able to change a game unlike last season where we had no plan B (although now I think we have the players to play different yet effective formations and style''s which we didn''t last season), the thing against him is experience; he might not know what to do in certain situations and how to handle them e.g. talking too candidly about the transfer market/players. With the players we have we should get promoted and Neil''s found a decent system, yet i''m interested to know what he does when Hooper and Howson come back who are fantastic players; if we don''t go up then Neil will have a lot to answer for I think, yet so far he''s been great and got us playing some really nice football at times.

2- I think pretty much all of us agree that we''ve had a phenomenal transfer window. We''ve sold Snodgrass and Fer for hefty fees. I''m glad we sold Snodgrass because he slows down the play and moans at everyone for not getting on the end of his cross which was too close to the GK, yet in a way am sorry to see Fer go; although he''s lazy and there''d be questions about him on the cold Tuesday nights, I think he''s got the quality that would shine in this league, a bit like what Tettey is like atm (but obviously different styles). Yet we''ve replaced these players for workers; a good decision considering we were relegated last season, as well as bringing in real quality such as Grabban and Lafferty. The main success was keeping the likes of Redmond and Hooper though; in them we have a pacey winger with experience in the prem and the championship as well as a natural goalscorer (along with Grabban). This team on paper should be top of the league, it''s down to Adams to keep us together as a team though.

3- Grabban''s great, he''s done well as a lone striker despite not being the biggest, yet can''t wait for Hooper to come in as well where Grabban might have to go on the left, or partner Hooper. For £3m, he been a bargain considering Fulham paid £11m for their striker - mugs :)

4 - We have 2 defensive midfielders starting atm in Tettey and BJ (Johnson) and they''ve played well together, yet Tettey is a cut above everyone, even perhaps Grabban? The only reason why Johnson could be considered important as Snodgrass was for us is because of his performances at the start of this season, getting crucial (and good) goals for us. If Johnson continues to play like he has in some matches, then Howson won''t get a look in unless Hoolahan is out and we change our system slightly as Howson is a box to box player mostly.

5- Pilkington was great in our first season in the prem with Elliott Bennet on the other wing. Although he''s been inconsistent for us, he''s a great player to have as he''s got a bit of pace and is two footed, truly two footed who can cross a ball perfectly. Even with his injuries I think that £1.5m (if thats true) that you paid for him is a steal at this level.

6- The murphy twin''s are great on either wing, the could have a future. Jamar Loza is a striker and he looks decent. Carlton Morris looks like a new Grant Holt and will get some good experience whilst he''s out on loan; I''m looking forward to see him play.

Josh Murphy is our bright young spark (behind Nathan Redmond of course who''s on international duty atm)

7- looking at Cardiff I must admit I have a thing that only English clubs should be in the English Football League System, but as a club, the reputation has been tarnished by it''s owner. not only does he look pure evil and changed the tradition of your beloved club, he also plays games literally like a bond villain (malky saga for example). I would like to know how you think the transfer window has gone for you, because it seems like you''ve got rid of some key players, although nowhere near as much as Fulham (again a dig at Fulham) ;)

8- ---------------Ruddy-----------------

Martin--Hooiveld--Turner--Olsson

-------------Tettey---Johnson---------

Bennet------Hoolahan---Redmond

---------------Grabban------------------

draw 1-1

I liked Pilks, when he was fit he was by far our best player, I''d go as far to say as one of the top 10 wingers in the country as well.

Sadly Injuries have taken their toll. I hope it works for him against Cardiff and with a bit of luck it will do. I''d have him back here in flash.

There''s only so many times you can get injured though before you have to realistically look at it and say "that''s it" in terms of the playing career...

1) I was underwhelmed when he was appointed, he''s slowly beginning to turn me around. It''s very early days, but so far he seems to have a clear vision of how he wants the team to play, and the types of players he needs to make his various systems fit. He''s kept the bulk of the squad together, and they seem happy. His weakness is obviously his lack of experience.

2) Very happy transfer wise. I was surprised we kept so many of the squad together, and the bigger thing was how many players we kept rather than who we bought. Having said that Lafferty and Grabban appear to have started very well.

4) Depends on the system, so far having Johnson and Tettey boss the middle of the park has allowed Adams to play 4 attacking players in front of them.

5) Pilkingon is big, strong, good in the air, crosses well, has two feet and strikes a deadly free kick. But as others on here will point out his achilles heel is his fitness, and whether he can stay fit enough. Sadly I suspect he''s the new Andy Reid. No one doubts his quality, just whether he''s got the stamina and athleticism

6) The Murphy brothers & Loza

[quote user="bluebirds_forum"]Hi guys, with the game coming up on Saturday ( i hate a fortnight without football!) i''m really looking forward to this game. We''ve been asking opposition fans some questions before every game this season, with some really good replies. I like to get to know a little bit more about each team we play and see things from their point of view. With this in mind, if you could take the time to answer i would be grateful.

1. What are your thoughts on manager Neil Adams, and have they changed at all since he was appointed? What do you see as his strengths and weaknesses and do you believe he is the man to take you back to the Premier League?

2.You appear to have spent quite a bit of money this season, bringing in quite a few centre backs.  How happy are you with your transfer activity, and do you expect to see anyone come in on loan?

3. Lewis Grabban has got off to a flyer this season, Cardiff had a bid accepted for him before he moved to you, it sounds obvious considering he''s scored 5 goals, but how happy are you with his overall performance, and do you think he''s better suited to a lone role or playing alongside someone (possibly Jerome?)

4. Has Bradley Johnsons importance to your team increased somewhat with Snodgrass leaving? is he the first name on your team sheet or do you think the likes of Howson and O''Neill will eventually be preferred?

5. We recently signed Pilkington from you, putting his injury issues aside for a second, just how good a player is he? we have craig noone back (hopefully for Saturday, if not then the next game) and i cannot see us playing 2 out and out wingers. Would you have preferred to keep him? or was he only good in short bursts?

6. You have a lot of well known names in your squad, but who are the up-and-comers that we wouldnt have heard of? You won the Youth Cup in 2013, who from that side is going to be a future star?

7. What are your opinions or Cardiff? as a club, players, fans, manager etc. and if you could have one of our players in your side, who would you pick and why?

8. what is your predicted starting line up for the game, and what do you think the score will be?

Thanks for anyone who takes the time to answer, our match thread should be up and running tomorrow, so anyone whos interested can see what we are saying about yourself and the game.

[/quote]

1. Amongst other visionaries on here I quickly realised he is the next Mike Walker.

2. We didn''t sign anyone of any note.

3. He''s got a beard.

4. We''re a selling club.

5. If he doesn''t want to play for us he can rot in hell.

6. We always go for the cheap option.

7. I went there for the play off final and had some nice chips.

8 That sort of question got Ian Moody into a lot of trouble.

[quote user="bluebirds_forum"]1. What are your thoughts on manager Neil Adams, and have they changed at all since he was appointed? What do you see as his strengths and weaknesses and do you believe he is the man to take you back to the Premier League? [/quote]It''s a tough ask to go from hosting the post-game phone in on BBC local radio to being first team manager via coaching the youth team. But Adams is succeeding at the expense of building a sustainable footballing side, trying to get us up at all costs by playing a very direct game. He''s been somewhat fortunate so far, but otherwise has looked like a deer staring into the car headlights.[quote user="bluebirds_forum"]2.You appear to have spent quite a bit of money this season, bringing in quite a few centre backs.  How happy are you with your transfer activity, and do you expect to see anyone come in on loan?[/quote]Despite saying we didn''t need to sell, we''ve continued to sell off our best players on the cheap. Instead of reinvesting the proceeds we''ve picked up various average players and had a flutter on a couple of youth players. The centre backs we brought in are journeymen stopgaps plus an inexperienced Arsenal youngster.[quote user="bluebirds_forum"]3. Lewis Grabban has got off to a flyer this season, Cardiff had a bid accepted for him before he moved to you, it sounds obvious considering he''s scored 5 goals, but how happy are you with his overall performance, and do you think he''s better suited to a lone role or playing alongside someone (possibly Jerome?)[/quote]At his age it''s clear that he won''t improve much, but he will probably get a few goals at this level. He''s a marksman but has little else to his game. Lafferty is the reverse, few goals but a better footballer. Since the days of Holt and Martin we''ve progressively got worse up as a footballing front line, Holt was sold off for only a couple of million and Martin left on a free.[quote user="bluebirds_forum"]4. Has Bradley Johnsons importance to your team increased somewhat with Snodgrass leaving? is he the first name on your team sheet or do you think the likes of Howson and O''Neill will eventually be preferred? [/quote]Reasonable at this level, but no more than a limited squad player in the Premiership. He''ll be one of the first names on the teamsheet because of the system we play and the limited alternatives.[quote user="bluebirds_forum"]5. We recently signed Pilkington from you, putting his injury issues aside for a second, just how good a player is he? we have craig noone back (hopefully for Saturday, if not then the next game) and i cannot see us playing 2 out and out wingers. Would you have preferred to keep him? or was he only good in short bursts? [/quote]This is one sale I agreed with. Always injured, bad attitude and generally a poor man''s Beckham.[quote user="bluebirds_forum"]6. You have a lot of well known names in your squad, but who are the up-and-comers that we wouldnt have heard of? You won the Youth Cup in 2013, who from that side is going to be a future star?[/quote]Josh Murphy. As is normal, the others are hyped up beyond belief and probably won''t play higher than the Championship (apart from maybe Josh''s brother).[quote user="bluebirds_forum"]7. What are your opinions or Cardiff? as a club, players, fans, manager etc. and if you could have one of our players in your side, who would you pick and why?[/quote]We''re crying out for a Peter Whittingham type playmaker. Cracking tottie in that part of the world and a decent nightlife.[quote user="bluebirds_forum"]8. what is your predicted starting line up for the game, and what do you think the score will be? [/quote]Similar line up to our last game. Cardiff to win 2-0.

Adams has started well. Early days. If he doesn''t get us promoted with this squad, he''ll never work again.

Good transfer window - crucial to keep hold of Redmond, Hooper and Ruddy. With the strength in depth we have, we should walk it - but let''s not get carried away.

Grabban will get better. He goes missing for long periods and is too often on his heels - he''s still scored 5 in 5 but, honestly, he should have had 8 or 9.

I like BJ, he''s a real tryer who makes the most of what he has. Not as good as Tettey though.

Pilks lost his mojo. If he gets it back you''ll have a great player but I don''t think he ever played enough games consecutively to really reach his potential because he''s so injury prone. I''m not unhappy he''s gone.

Josh Murphy will play for England and I expect him to move on for very big money. Better than Walcott. Jury is out of 7 or 8 others from that team - great potential though.

My experience of your fans is largely negative over a long period, but otherwise I''m ambivalent. I think you''ll finish top 6 though. Don''t want any of your players - if we still had Adeyemi he wouldn''t even make our bench.

Unchanged from last game but a very different bench. 2-1 to us.

[quote user="sgncfc"] Josh Murphy will play for England and I expect him to move on for very big money. Better than Walcott.  [/quote]

What has Josh done so far to suggest he''s better or will be better than Walcott?

Walcott was a couple years younger than Josh is now when he was bought for several million quid by Arsenal. He''d already started to make his mark in the game and has since gone on to score around senior 80 goals.

At the same age Josh is now Walcott was already in the Arsenal first team ranks. Josh is basically limited to cameo roles and League Cup appearances - and that''s for Norwich, not Arsenal. He''s yet to put himself ahead of Redmond and Redmond has many critics.

Not saying Josh isn''t talented or that he won''t be a success but probably a bit of a reality check needed.

1. Disappointed with his appointment originally, but he has done alright so far, can''t really judge him until the end of October, but initial signs are good, think the appointment of Gary Holt has helped. The style of football we are playing now make Saterday afternoons enjoyable again.

2. We got good money for Snodgrass and Fer. Snodders worked his socks of for us, but we became one dimensional, everything going through him, also bit of a moaner which had a negative affect on the team as a whole. Leroy looked good to start with but struggled 2nd half of the season, a lot of step overs not much else. Unlike Man Utd our manager has bought players in which ensure we have cover and competition in all positions. Managing to keep Tettey, Ruddy, Redmond, Wes and Olsen is probably more important than the purchasing of the new players. Have not done the maths but pretty sure we made more than we spent.

3. Lewis Grabban has done more in 5 games than the rest of our strike force has done in 2 years, excellent work ethic, knows where the goal is and actually runs off the ball. A bargain at 3 million, who could make the step up to the premiership.

4. Bradley Johnson, has given 100% every game he has played for Norwich, not the most talented but pre-season has learned to pass and shoot, always seems better when Tettey in the team. Got on a free transfer 4 years ago and is one of the unsung heroes that NCFC fans take for granted (me included).

5. Pilks excellent when Lambert was the manager but Hughton and Buper never got the best out of him. I dont think he has got over that bad injury at Huddersfield, as never fully commits to a tackle. However excellent on his day and his header against Man Utd will live long in my memory.

6. Youth looks good with the Murphy''s being the main hopes. Watched L''pool U21''s play Norwich U21''s last year and the Liverpool pundits said that Josh Murphy best player on the pitch by a country mile (even though L''pool won 4 - 1)

7. The bluebirds playing in red shirts is something that irritates me. Yet another bum deal for supporters. Anyway about your players Kenwyn Jones always gives us a hard time and surprises me that he doesn''t score more, Marshall was excellent for you last season, but was pretty quick to leave Norwich when we went to league 1, however the one I would have at city is John Brayford, saw him play for Sheff Utd last season looks a good left back, pacey, good crosser of the ball who can also tackle

8. Ruddy, Turner, Tettey, Grabban and another 7.

We deserved to beat you home and away last season, so about time yours and Marshalls luck ran out, 3 - 1 Norwich

1. Clearly knows the coaching manual inside out. My initial concern was whether he could translate that into results using his management style. Started off woefully against Wolves in our first game, credit to him, he wasn''t stubborn, changed the formation for the next game (he got it wrong against Wolves). So far so good, I''m hopeful of automatic promotion

2.Adams made it clear that we''d only keep players that wanted to stay - an astute move that ensures everyone is giving everything for the cause, no complaints with the outgoings for the money spent.

Grabban is a good signing as his current goal record suggests. Lafferty in isolation wasn''t an amazing signing but has been bought for a purpose (to play on the wing which acts as link up to front man so he''s not isolated attempting to reduce the likelihood of a big gap between midfield and one striker).

The two centre backs I suspect will turn into astute signings although they haven''t yet played for us. I haven''t seen our new midfielder play so can''t make a judgement.

3. Grabban has a good work rate and scores, he does need players around him to link the midfield with attack as he''s primarily a poacher and won''t drop deep hence Hoolahan and Lafferty in particular have helped him in this respect. Jerome gives us an option, another way of playing so we''re not predictable, whereby he can do a lot of the physical work and allow us to play slightly more directly.

4. Johnson has looked like a top championship player, that''s because he gets more thinking time on the ball and has more licence to go forward when Tettey sits in front of the defence. This is due to the lower quality in the championship. He will do well for us this season but I wouldn''t put money on him playing every week until the end of the season with Howson due back and the possibility that our new signing is any good

5. Good player when he came to us. Lacks stamina in games - whether this is due to lack of commitment in training with us (if he''s wanted to leave for a while) or due to lack of playing time (due to injuries) I''m not sure. If you keep him fit and motivated for the season he''ll be a great player for you. If you don''t, you won''t see him play even half a season and when he does he''ll look average at best and not fully fit

6. Josh Murphy. He''s got a lot of work to do yet but he is by far the closest to making it as a first team player

7. I always sympathised with Tan in respect of Malky''s sacking. Malky was unnecessarily wasteful with Tan''s money. The change to your kit colour was strange however and someone should have advised him before that decision was made public as I suspect he''s quite stubborn. As for your players, I''d quite like to see Kenwyne Jones at Norwich, he''d give us another option as Jerome does but better. Not saying he''s your best player but he would fit our squad best

8. We won''t change our starting line up - I think 1-1 which would be a decent result for us away from home

Just like to say thanks for all the replies, its really good reading all of this.As for our previous meetings, the 0-0 draw at your place last season was one of the most embarrasing performances ive seen from a Cardiff city side. That was the day i was sure Malky wasnt the man to keep us up, it was just shocking, and how you didnt destroy us ill never know.Onto the game on Saturday, its a huge opportunity for us to make a mark. New defender Manga wont be playing, he was in Lesotho yesterday night playing for Gabon, he still wont be back in Wales untill later today, which means he surely wont feature. Noone played 45 minutes in a DVP game on Tuesday, i expect to see him on the bench for this one my predicted sideMarshallBrayford Connolly Morrison FabioPilkington Adeyemi Whittingham DaehliJones Macheda

[quote user="bluebirds_forum"]Just like to say thanks for all the replies, its really good reading all of this.As for our previous meetings, the 0-0 draw at your place last season was one of the most embarrasing performances ive seen from a Cardiff city side. That was the day i was sure Malky wasnt the man to keep us up, it was just shocking, and how you didnt destroy us ill never know.Onto the game on Saturday, its a huge opportunity for us to make a mark. New defender Manga wont be playing, he was in Lesotho yesterday night playing for Gabon, he still wont be back in Wales untill later today, which means he surely wont feature. Noone played 45 minutes in a DVP game on Tuesday, i expect to see him on the bench for this one my predicted sideMarshallBrayford Connolly Morrison FabioPilkington Adeyemi Whittingham DaehliJones Macheda[/quote]I would argue the opposite. That Mackay realised  if he made no changes we would have beaten you. So at half-time he made two defensive substitutions (Cowie on for Odemwingie, for example) and got away with a point.

thats excatly what annoyed me about the game though, the fact that we got away with it. There are games where you play poorly and are second best. then there are games (like this one) that seem to be attack v defense) it was embarrasing that a premier league club (as we were then) put up a performace like that. It was matched away to palace a month later, but we werent so lucky then

I like Adams, he did well as u18s manager and deserves his shot at the big time. Despite the results in our last 5 games the performances were much improved, plus it gave him the chance to see who really wanted it and who didnt.

Which leads on nicely to Pilkington and the reasons as to why he was sold. Get the boy firing on all cylinders and youve got a very good player. But if he loses his head youll end up with a bit of a deadweight. That said change sometimes does the wonder of good. Hope so cause ''Pilks'' is a player I liked.

Watch out for Josh Murphy, he is a very real prospect, moves with a scary amount of pace naturally. If he can polish his delivery and composure I reckon he will play for england.

Sold players yes but we have also bought well, I think!! Lafferty looks a decent addition, Grabban has impressed me and im looking forward to seeing this belgian lad in action.

You are in for quite a match if we turn up with our A game. And personally I think if we are not in the top 2 come next may then we will havd wasted the best opportunity we could havd ever hoped for. Its a good time to be a Norwich Fan.

Cardiff, I like Marshall and the winger Noone. Plus I will always have a soft spot for Bellamy. But I really despise your Chairman, an embarrassment to the game in my opinion, sorry.

Wishing you good luck for the match, you''ll definately need it.

Not wishing to rub your nose in it bluebirds forum but would be good if you are around to give your thoughts on yesterdays game, where it went wrong for you and your summary of Norwich City.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="sgncfc"] Josh Murphy will play for England and I expect him to move on for very big money. Better than Walcott.  [/quote]

What has Josh done so far to suggest he''s better or will be better than Walcott?

Walcott was a couple years younger than Josh is now when he was bought for several million quid by Arsenal. He''d already started to make his mark in the game and has since gone on to score around senior 80 goals.

At the same age Josh is now Walcott was already in the Arsenal first team ranks. Josh is basically limited to cameo roles and League Cup appearances - and that''s for Norwich, not Arsenal. He''s yet to put himself ahead of Redmond and Redmond has many critics.

Not saying Josh isn''t talented or that he won''t be a success but probably a bit of a reality check needed.

[/quote]

Young players progress in spurts and then plateau for a while - sometimes they reach a particular plateau and stay there for a long time or don''t progress much further. Walcott was very, very good as a 17 and 18 year old, but he hasn''t progressed as everyone hoped. At 20 he was no better than at 17 - Sven took him to a World Cup hoping it would help but it didn''t.

Raheem Sterling is a good example of a player who has progressed hugely over the last year, but we should all expect him to plateau at some stage. Similarly Redmond, who didn''t make any progress at all last year - hopefully, he will this.

The point I make about Murphy is that he is unusual so far in that his progression has been steady and consistent - if he keeps going at that rate he will be better than Walcott quite soon. He may well need to move on to get an England cap (especially if Hodgson is still in charge) but I have money on the fact that he will get one.

Murphy

Having had a look on the Cardiff forums I''m amazed to see that alot of their fans think they have the best squad in the championship. I guess we are all biased towards our own team, but I struggle to think of many of their side I would put into our first 11.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Having had a look on the Cardiff forums I''m amazed to see that alot of their fans think they have the best squad in the championship. I guess we are all biased towards our own team, but I struggle to think of many of their side I would put into our first 11.[/quote]

Fabio, Brayford, Gunnarson and jones would all push our first 11.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Having had a look on the Cardiff forums I''m amazed to see that alot of their fans think they have the best squad in the championship. I guess we are all biased towards our own team, but I struggle to think of many of their side I would put into our first 11.[/quote]

Fabio, Brayford, Gunnarson and jones would all push our first 11.[/quote]

Really you''d swap fabio and Brayford for R.martin and Olsson? Again I wouldn''t swap any of a midfield that showed second half they could overpower a midfield including Gunnarson. Jones I get, when on form he is a huge threat at this level. But IMO that''s 1 of the 4 you mentioned who would realistically have a strong chance of pushing into our 11.