Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Cardiff keeper complaining

what was Marshall complaining about after the third goal ?did he think the ball had gone out of play before Tettey crossed ?he was certainly quite animated whatever it wasalso nice bit of play by Tettey before the cross

I thought at the time he was trying to claim an offside, not for Tetteys cross which came backwards but for the couple of players that were involved before Turner put it in.

At least thats what I thought at the time anyway

Calling for offside when it came off our player to Turner. Only saw it once so dont know if it was or not.

He was claiming it was offside, Tettey''s cross hit Grabban first. However, Turner was behind Grabban when it made contact with his leg, so he couldn''t have been offside. Marshall just doesn''t know the rules. The goal should have been Grabban''s, had Turner not followed it up we''d have been bemoaning a missed chance that even RVW would probably have finished.Tettey''s first touch before his cross was absolutely world-class.

could you imagine if it was Messi, Ronaldo or especially Rooney who set up that 3rd goal?

the media would show it over & over, pundits would bang on about it being why they are world class etc etc. but as its Tettey & just Norwich I doubt it would even get a mention anywhere

I dare say he knew very well there was nothing wrong with the goal. Just thought if he shouted enough it may sway somebody.

Oops, just commented on another thread about Tettey''s touch, before reading this thread.

I saw the title, and thought there''s going to be a whole stack of complaining Sweaties, very soon, and didn''t want to get involved in Politics

I think he wanted an offside call on Turner...

to be honest if you watch it the ball flicks of Grabbans heel, meaning Turner is BEHIND the ball when played (by Grabban)... had it have come from Tetteys cross it probably wouldn''t have counted.. it did.. who cares!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

to be honest if you watch it the ball flicks of Grabbans heel, meaning Turner is BEHIND the ball when played (by Grabban)... had it have come from Tetteys cross it probably wouldn''t have counted.. it did.. who cares!

[/quote]Pretty sure they are behind the ball when Tettey crosses, so doesn''t matter.

Quote from Marshall "It`s fine margins. It was a half-chance for Kiko (Macheda) and it was a

good save from John (Ruddy)," added Marshall, who thought at least one

of Lewis Grabban and Turner were offside when the Canaries made it

three.
"

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]Pretty sure they are behind the ball when Tettey crosses, so doesn''t matter.[/quote]That is not the point. In the goalmouth there is a touch of the ball from one Norwich City player (Grabban?) that Turner then puts into the net. It is very hard to be sure, looking at the goals,but if Turner is ahead of Grabban at the precise moment, which is what Marshall was claiming,  then it is offside.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]Pretty sure they are behind the ball when Tettey crosses, so doesn''t matter.[/quote]That is not the point. In the goalmouth there is a touch of the ball from one Norwich City player (Grabban?) that Turner then puts into the net. It is very hard to be sure, looking at the goals,but if Turner is ahead of Grabban at the precise moment, which is what Marshall was claiming,  then it is offside.[/quote]I know, but Jas says "had it come from Tettey''s cross it probably wouldn''t have counted".

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]Pretty sure they are behind the ball when Tettey crosses, so doesn''t matter.[/quote]That is not the point. In the goalmouth there is a touch of the ball from one Norwich City player (Grabban?) that Turner then puts into the net. It is very hard to be sure, looking at the goals,but if Turner is ahead of Grabban at the precise moment, which is what Marshall was claiming,  then it is offside.[/quote]I know, but Jas says "had it come from Tettey''s cross it probably wouldn''t have counted".[/quote]
I''m not so sure... I feel by the time the ball has come to Grabban (where he then mishits it) Turner is now being played onside by the defender over from the one who trys to close Tetteys cross down, Number 18 I believe? Still... very close and all happens very quickly.