Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

Cardiff performance

Great win but lets not get too carried away.

If we play like we did in the first half again against many of the top sides we will be torn apart and it is unlikely we will be allowed back into the game as we were on Saturday.

However if we perform like we did in the second half in the rest of our matches this season, then we will stand a good chance of promotion. Simples.

I know it is stating the obvious. We have to realise that it isn''t always going to be that easy.

The great thing is that Neil Adams and the team managed to turn it around and it has seemed a long while since our team was able to do that. It certainly never happened under Hughton that''s for sure. If we had managed to get level under CH, he''d have then told the team to stay in their own half and play for a draw.

It''s a great start to the season but lets keep it going. OTBC !!

[quote user="swjf50"]Great win but lets not get too carried away. If we play like we did in the first half again against many of the top sides we will be torn apart and it is unlikely we will be allowed back into the game as we were on Saturday. However if we perform like we did in the second half in the rest of our matches this season, then we will stand a good chance of promotion. Simples. I know it is stating the obvious. We have to realise that it isn''t always going to be that easy. The great thing is that Neil Adams and the team managed to turn it around and it has seemed a long while since our team was able to do that. It certainly never happened under Hughton that''s for sure. If we had managed to get level under CH, he''d have then told the team to stay in their own half and play for a draw. It''s a great start to the season but lets keep it going. OTBC !![/quote]

To be fair to Hughton it did, we went 1-0 down against West Ham and they managed to turn it around.

It seems some people are still not aware we are playing in a different division now

Whatever way you look at it, it was a fine performance and it spoke volumes about the spirit and quality of the squad.

I agree, it was a dramatic turnaround and gave a real indication of what the team/squad can achieve if they play to their potential or close to it.

[quote user="T"]It seems some people are still not aware we are playing in a different division now[/quote]

The Luton result under Hughton tells you all you need to know about that statement

I don''t think it mattered what league we were in, we would always set out not to lose, and not set out to try and get the result

[quote user="Alejandra"][quote user="T"]It seems some people are still not aware we are playing in a different division now[/quote]

The Luton result under Hughton tells you all you need to know about that statement

I don''t think it mattered what league we were in, we would always set out not to lose, and not set out to try and get the result[/quote]To be fair to Hughton we weren''t ''always'' set out not to lose.

Interestingly enough, the stats for this weekends game were incredibly similar to last seasons games against Cardiff. A huge number of shots but too low a proportion on target. Two sloppy goals conceded through poor passing and sloppy defending. If anything, we were probably more dominant last season under Hughton. Of course, Adams has got the result that Hughton failed to get. I don''t know why that is, there''s a number of possibilities. I like to think that it''s either because of the winning mentality Adams has bred in to the squad since they came back after the summer break, or it''s because the players we have brought in are better than those who left. There are some others though. I do think it''s unfair to make such general sweeping statements about Hughton. Clearly the Cardiff games last season are two examples of games he set out to win. That said, I''m perfectly happy to admit that the board were right to get rid of him. Adams is doing a fabulous job so far. Long may it continue.