Sign in to follow this  
norwichtillidie

new seats for sale

Having just heard that 3,000 seats are going on sale for the home Sheffield game, I am really suprised that the football club has made such a decision with such an important game coming up. One of the reasons for the terrific home form of our team this season, must be put down to the lack of away supporters at the home games. The Sheffield game is a "Six pointer" and I am convinced that the 800 away supporters will "out sing" the remaining 2,200 home south standers. ( some of them possibly going to their first football match). £30,000 is the amount the football will gain by such a move (if all sold) surely the THREE points are much more important, at this stage of the season.

You cannot be serious. If 2,200 extra City fans can''t outsing 500 extra Utd fans then there is something wrong. Ask the players if they want some noise down that side, I''ll bet they do.

As for the "attending their first match" just read how many people couldn''t get a ticket for this game who are true "singing" supporters.

Bet you already had yours!

To suggest it''s a bad idea to open up these seats is crazy. I''m a member of 12 years, season ticket holder (lower barclay) for several of those years. The only reason I no longer have a season ticket is that my work often involves working Saturdays. As it happens, I have this Saturday off and will be moving heaven and earth to get a ticket tomorrow morning. Just because some of us can''t get to Carrow Road every game (I''ve been to as many away games as home, this season...) it does not make us any less loyal, passionate or glory seeking casuals.

If I get a ticket for Saturday, I will be in the New Stand singing and screaming my heart out. I hope others sitting in the New Stand do the same (I know some of the Barclay D/E block boys are moving with just that in mind!)

The 3000 tickets going on sale bring extra revenue in when its needed (Hucks, McKenzie et al don''t pay their own wages!) and if that means 800 extra coming down from Yorkshire, then so be it. We''ll just have to be louder!.

first time on the board folks . in reply to this topic , i would say the sooner we get people in the seats the better , then hopefully anyone who perhaps havent been going to games will get the bug and purchase a season ticket for next year . the more the merrier . come on down !

Yoda, welcome to the board, a bit of a newbie myself... I think the fact that the game is such an important one could work in our favour, everyone will be up for the game, inspite of the stand being opened... surely opening it to a game that so much depends upon means that the atmosphere will be red-hot... I for one wish I could be there and am pretty sure that the crowd will be vocal enough to spur the team on... and £30,000 swelling the coffers is a lot of money to decide the club could do without, just to slightly influence the crowd atmosphere... Open the gates, let them in and see the reaction, I bet the players will thrive on the fourth avenue of support...

Norwich tilidie, are you nuts?, of course City must open the new stand, Master Nagus hit the nail on the head, there are many die hard city supporters who, not content with life on the dole, MUST work saturdays. So if they can get time off, why should''nt they have a right to buy a ticket?.

But that does''nt make them less of a supporter then anyone else or you. To assume people who want a ticket for saturday, are first time ''glory hunters'', is both false and arrogant.

You''ll be wanting box office staff to quiz every purchaser on city''s history next, indeed evey time they buy a ticket to keep you happy.

Oh no I have trouble remembering anything about the game later that night except:
1. The ref was cr*p
2. Why did the crowd get on at our right winger?
3. Isn''t Huckerby blo*dy amazing
4. Weren''t their central defenders huge?
5. It was never offside
6. Their goal (if scored) was blo*dy miles offside and did you see him hold Drury
7. Snakepit was quiet
8. I do fancy that girl who sits back from me
9. That ref was the worst we''ve ever had
10. Its your round

Think about it its always the same.

For those relatively new supporters here are the answers to the current box office quiz:

1) Varco
2) ''Farmer Ted''
3) Blair, Bone, Neighbour
4) Hockey
5) No
6) 9